Chapter 1, The West
1. What is the main geographic feature of the Western Plains of New South Wales?
2. How does ground water affect the vegetation of the Western Plains of New South Wales?
(a) It can kill off the native plants.
(b) It brings pests to the trees.
(c) It determines the size of the brush.
(d) It often brings water plants onto the land.
3. What type of dogs live in the Western Plains of New South Wales?
(a) Show dogs.
(b) Herding dogs.
(c) Wild dogs.
(d) No dogs live there.
4. What is remarkable about most of the birds that live in the Western Plains of New South Wales?
(a) They are all minature.
(b) They follow people around.
(c) They can not fly.
(d) They do not sing.
5. In "The West," how long ago did Conway say white settlers came?
(a) 180 years ago.
(b) 100 years ago.
(c) 130 years ago.
(d) 40 years ago.
6. Why did the white settlers come to New South Wales?
(a) Natural resources.
This section contains 4,869 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)