|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian use to make a canopy for Derek?
2. What noise does Brian make before the raft strikes something?
3. How long will it be before it gets dark when Brian sets off on the raft with Derek?
4. When Brian figures how fast the raft is traveling, how long does he estimate it will take to reach the trading post?
5. What is the first thing the raft strikes as it races through the rapids?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brian position Derek on the raft?
2. What is determined about Derek's condition, and how well does he recover?
3. What does Brian see when he begins hallucinating?
4. What does Brian do to protect Derek from the sun?
5. Why does Brian decide that he was foolish to leave the lake and trust the map?
6. What helps Brian fight sleep, in Chapter 18?
7. Where does Brian find himself after he awakes from sleep?
8. What does Brian consider when the wood he chooses for the raft is soft?
9. How does Brian get the logs he needs for a raft?
10. What does Brian see when the raft wheels around a bend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 12, after the lightning strike, Brian looks out and sees a beautiful summer day. Discuss why it is ironic that Brian sees a beautiful summer day.
Essay Topic 2
Brian finds a better shelter for Derek and himself. Compare and contrast the two shelters that Brian and Derek have.
Essay Topic 3
Brian begins to have second thoughts about his decision to return to the wilderness and to send away the equipment. Discuss why Brian has second thoughts about his decision to return to the wilderness and to send away the equipment.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)