|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plane slide through as it heads to the shoreline?
2. What animal does Brian see in the lake his first night there?
3. What direction is the lake where Derek and Brian going from the lake where Brian stayed?
4. How old is Brian?
5. What name is used for the call signal of the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the site selected that Derek and Brian go to?
2. Why is Derek the one to go into the wilderness with Brian?
3. What do Derik, Bill, and Erik want Brian to teach them?
4. What is the problem with Brian that Derek refers to in Chapter 7?
5. Describe the place that Brian finds for a shelter.
6. How did Brian discover fire when he was on his own?
7. While Brian is telling Derek what they should do for the day, what is Brian really thinking?
8. How does Derek describe the survival experience he had?
9. What does Brian say nature is?
10. How is the lightning described, in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Brian encounters an area where beavers have felled a stand of poplars. Discuss beavers, their behavior, and how they helped Brian.
Essay Topic 2
Brian decides he has to get help and to take Derek with him. Discuss why Brian decides he has to get help and has to take Derek with him.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, the author refers to the back story when Brian survived on his own. Discuss the back story and how the author tells the back story.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)