|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave the runway?
2. About how wide is the river where it leaves the lake?
3. What time does the rain stop?
4. What color is the trim on the vehicle that Brian's mother drives?
5. What does the plane slide through as it heads to the shoreline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian see when he looks at Derek?
2. How does Brian describe Derek, Bill, and Erik?
3. How did Brian discover fire when he was on his own?
4. What is the problem with Brian that Derek refers to in Chapter 7?
5. How is the lightning described, in Chapter 10?
6. What does Brian see and hear when he goes outside the lean-to the first night?
7. How does Brian say that grub worms are eaten?
8. How does Brian fight his fear when the plane ascends?
9. How does Brian's mother feel about Brian going back into the wilderness?
10. What gear do Brian and Derek have when the plane leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the tension and discuss at what one or two points the tension is at its highest and lowest. Is the novel mainly high-tension or low-tension?
Essay Topic 2
There are problems that Brian faces throughout the novel. Discuss the problems Brian faces and how he solves them.
Essay Topic 3
Brian considers good luck and bad luck and how it affects survival. Discuss good and bad luck and how it relates to Brian and the survival experiences.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)