|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Brian passes a second bend, how far is it to the next bend?
(a) 3/4 mile.
(b) 1/8 mile.
(c) 1/4 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
2. After the journey, how long does it take Derek to come out of the coma?
(a) A week and a half.
(b) 5 days.
(c) A week.
(d) 3 days.
3. How long does it take Brian to move the raft down the side of the lake to the river?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 90 minutes.
4. From what end of the lake does the river run out?
5. What can Brian see when he first spots the raft?
(a) Derek's head.
(b) The canopy.
(c) Derek's hand.
(d) Derek's shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many maps of the area did Derek have before they left for their survival experience?
2. What is the name of the trading post on the map?
3. Why does Brian take approximate the distance of the two hills up ahead?
4. In Chapter 15, how long does Brian believe it will take to get to the trading post?
5. What time does Brian find the hills he saw on the map?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian do to Derek to see if he is responsive?
2. How does Brian get the logs he needs for a raft?
3. Why does Brian decide that he was foolish to leave the lake and trust the map?
4. What does Brian find in Derek's briefcase?
5. Where does Brian put a note in case someone comes looking for them before they make it to the trading post?
6. Why does Brian decide he has to swim to find the raft?
7. How does Brian nearly miss seeing the raft?
8. What does Brian see when he begins hallucinating?
9. Why is Brian frustrated when he passes six bends and still does not see the raft?
10. How does Brian position Derek on the raft?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)