|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many beats per minute is Derek's heart running?
2. From where Brian stands in the water, at the beginning of Chapter 22, how far away does the water change colors?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 1/4 mile.
(c) 1/8 mile.
(d) 3/4 mile.
3. How long ago had some of the older trees been felled by the beavers?
(a) 1-2 years ago.
(b) 15 months ago.
(c) 2-3 years ago.
(d) 12 months ago.
4. How deep is the river when Brian first enters it?
(a) 4-5 ft.
(b) 6-7 ft.
(c) 3-4 ft.
(d) 2-3 ft.
5. What is Brian holding when he realizes what he is doing, at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Derek's wrist.
(d) Derek's shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Brian find the hills he saw on the map?
2. On what creatures does Brian plan to use the weapons he is taking on the raft?
3. What is the name of the trading post on the map?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 22, where does Brian find himself when he regains consciousness?
5. How many beats per minute does Brian remember a heart should have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian see when he begins hallucinating?
2. What horrible thought does Brian have toward morning as he struggles to return to the river?
3. Why does Brian decide he has to swim to find the raft?
4. Why does Brian decide that he was foolish to leave the lake and trust the map?
5. What does Brian decide when he hears a whooshing sound, at the end of Chapter 21?
6. Why does Brian decide to take breaks as he paddles?
7. What does Brian consider when the wood he chooses for the raft is soft?
8. What does Brian see and hear, toward the end of Chapter 24?
9. Why is Brian frustrated when he passes six bends and still does not see the raft?
10. What helps Brian fight sleep, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)