|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Brian to build the raft?
(a) Not quite 3 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) Not quite 2 hours.
2. How long will it be before it gets dark when Brian sets off on the raft with Derek?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) 2-3 hours.
(c) 10-12 hours.
(d) 5-6 hours.
3. How thick are the logs that Brian chooses for the raft?
(a) 6 inches.
(b) 10 inches.
(c) 8 inches.
(d) 12 inches.
4. After Brian passes a second bend, how far is it to the next bend?
(a) 3/4 mile.
(b) 1/8 mile.
(c) 1/4 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
5. How deep is the water where Brian finds himself, at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) 4-5 in.
(b) 12 in.
(c) 10 in.
(d) 6-7 in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the diameter of the smaller sticks Brian uses to make cross-pieces?
2. Why does Brian take approximate the distance of the two hills up ahead?
3. How many curves does it take Brian to learn how to use the paddle to steer the raft?
4. What does Brian put under Derek's head on the raft?
5. What does Brian use to make a canopy for Derek?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brian talk to Derek when he is in the coma?
2. Why does Brian decide to take breaks as he paddles?
3. Describe the trading post and the people who live there.
4. What does Brian do to Derek to see if he is responsive?
5. Why is Brian constantly fighting the raft at first?
6. What helps Brian fight sleep, in Chapter 18?
7. Why does Brian decide he has to swim to find the raft?
8. Where does Brian put a note in case someone comes looking for them before they make it to the trading post?
9. What does Brian see when the raft wheels around a bend?
10. What does Brian see and hear, toward the end of Chapter 24?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)