|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the pilot who died when Brian went into the wilderness last time?
2. What direction is the lake where Derek and Brian going from the lake where Brian stayed?
3. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(a) Smooth as glass.
(c) Smooth as a mirror.
4. What awakens Brian, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Gun shot.
5. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
(a) Back of the shelter.
(b) Toward the front of the shelter.
(c) Up at the ceiling.
(d) Toward the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Derek say he ate in his survival course?
2. What was the only tool Brian had with him when he was alone in the Canadian woods?
3. What color is the trim on the vehicle that Brian's mother drives?
4. What time does the rain stop?
5. If trouble develops, how long will it take a plane to reach Brian and Derek at the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, in Chapter 10, does Brian believe that the rain won't bother him or Derek?
2. How did Brian discover fire when he was on his own?
3. How did people bother Brian and a girl he met in school?
4. When does Brian accept that Derek will not be waking up soon?
5. How does Brian feel when he realizes Derek may not wake up any time soon and that everything now rests on Brian?
6. Describe the place that Brian finds for a shelter.
7. What does Brian see when the lightning strikes the shelter?
8. What gear do Brian and Derek have when the plane leaves?
9. Why is Derek the one to go into the wilderness with Brian?
10. While Brian is telling Derek what they should do for the day, what is Brian really thinking?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)