|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of meat does Brian fix for supper, in Chapter 3?
(b) Pork chops.
2. What type of tree is hit by the lightning and falls toward the shelter?
3. What happens when Brian rolls over to get up, after the lightning strike?
(a) His ankle gives way.
(b) His vision blurs.
(c) His chest hurts.
(d) His knee buckles.
4. How many men come to Brian's house in Chapter 1?
5. What does the pilot of the plane have to listen to music?
(a) CD player.
(b) Cassette player.
(c) MP3 player.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Brian wait for Derek to wake up?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Brian put on the fire to keep the mosquitoes down?
3. What name is used for the call signal of the radio?
4. In Chapter 10, how many pieces of wood does Brian put on the fire when he awakens in the night?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brian see when the lightning strikes the shelter?
2. How does Brian describe Derek, Bill, and Erik?
3. What gear do Brian and Derek have when the plane leaves?
4. How did people bother Brian and a girl he met in school?
5. How does Brian's mother feel about Brian going back into the wilderness?
6. While Brian is telling Derek what they should do for the day, what is Brian really thinking?
7. How have Brian's senses changed since his experience in the woods?
8. Why is Derek the one to go into the wilderness with Brian?
9. What is the problem with Brian that Derek refers to in Chapter 7?
10. How does Derek describe the survival experience he had?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)