|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal helped Brian find flint when he survived alone?
2. What time of day did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave?
(a) Around noon.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) Early morning.
3. What direction do the storms come from at the lake?
(c) South, southwest.
(d) North, northwest.
4. When the crack of thunder awakens Brian a second time, in Chapter 10, where does Brian move?
(a) To the front of the shelter.
(b) To the back of the shelter.
(c) Toward the radio.
(d) Toward Derek.
5. What protects the shelter from storms?
(a) Hill in back.
(b) Fallen tree.
(c) Hill in front.
(d) A thicket.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brian's mother asked what was the worst thing about his survival experience, what did Brian say?
2. What month is it in Chapters 1-3?
3. As Brian is being soaked by the rain, what does he think of?
4. In Chapter 7, what time does the rain begin?
5. What color does Brian see when the lightning strikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Derek the one to go into the wilderness with Brian?
2. Why does Brian refuse to take the gear Derek packed for their stay in the wilderness?
3. What does Brian realize will be involved in caring for Derek?
4. What gear do Brian and Derek have when the plane leaves?
5. Describe the place that Brian finds for a shelter.
6. When does Brian accept that Derek will not be waking up soon?
7. Why, in Chapter 10, does Brian believe that the rain won't bother him or Derek?
8. How did people bother Brian and a girl he met in school?
9. How long does Brian believe it might be before someone would come looking for him and Derek?
10. How does Brian feel when he realizes Derek may not wake up any time soon and that everything now rests on Brian?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)