|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brian takes a break after four hours on the raft, how far does he estimate they have come?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
2. What color is the river water when Brian looks downstream, in Chapter 22?
3. How long before Brian's back and arms ache, and he decides he needs breaks while paddling?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
4. What can Brian see when he first spots the raft?
(a) The canopy.
(b) Derek's shoes.
(c) Derek's head.
(d) Derek's hand.
5. In Chapter 15, how long does Brian believe it will take to get to the trading post?
(a) 60-65 hours.
(b) 45-50 hours.
(c) 20-30 hours.
(d) 35-40 hours.
6. How many beats per minute does Brian remember a heart should have?
7. How long ago had some of the older trees been felled by the beavers?
(a) 2-3 years ago.
(b) 15 months ago.
(c) 1-2 years ago.
(d) 12 months ago.
8. On what creatures does Brian plan to use the weapons he is taking on the raft?
(a) Rabbit and fish.
(c) Fish and moose.
9. What is the name of the trading post on the map?
10. How long after the ordeal does Brian receive a gift from Derek?
(a) 7 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 8 months.
11. How many days have passed when Brian thinks things would be better if Derek were gone?
12. After the journey, how long does it take Derek to come out of the coma?
(a) 5 days.
(b) A week.
(c) A week and a half.
(d) 3 days.
13. How far is the drop from the water to the shore when Brian works to get Derek on the raft?
(a) 5 in.
(b) 6 in.
(c) 7 in.
(d) 8 in.
14. In Chapter 19, when Brian studies the map, he figures they are _____ from two hills that are on either side of the river.
(a) Less than 2 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) About 3 miles.
15. What did Brian do when an animal attacked him when he was on his own?
(b) Fought back.
(c) Played dead.
(d) Climbed a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the logs that Brian chooses for the raft?
2. How long does it take Brian to move the raft down the side of the lake to the river?
3. What is the diameter of the smaller sticks Brian uses to make cross-pieces?
4. What does Brian put under Derek's head on the raft?
5. What word does Brian use to describe how his muscles feel, in Chapter 23?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)