|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before Brian's back and arms ache, and he decides he needs breaks while paddling?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
2. How many meter grids are on the map?
3. What is on the bottom of the section of river where Brian finds himself, at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. How many bends does Brian pass before he begins to worry because he doesn't see the raft?
5. Why does Brian take approximate the distance of the two hills up ahead?
(a) He hopes to find food.
(b) He's looking for a place where he can climb and see the lay of the land.
(c) He hopes to find trees to use for a canopy.
(d) To test the accuracy of the map.
6. What is the name of the trading post on the map?
7. What noise does Brian make before the raft strikes something?
8. When Brian takes a break after four hours on the raft, how far does he estimate they have come?
(a) 9 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
9. What does Brian put under Derek's head on the raft?
(a) Pine boughs.
(b) Derek's jacket.
(c) Soft grass.
(d) His jacket.
10. Why doesn't Brian run along the shore to find Derek?
(a) Too many trees.
(b) Too swampy.
(c) Too rocky.
(d) Too much like a jungle.
11. What does Brian eat before leaving on the raft?
(a) Nuts and berries.
(c) Dried meat.
12. How far is the river straight before curving as Brian gets the raft moving?
(a) 150 yards.
(b) 100 yards.
(c) 75 yards.
(d) 175 yards.
13. What was the average current speed of the river when Brian and Derek were traveling on the raft?
(a) 2 mph.
(b) 3 mph.
(c) 1 mph.
(d) 4 mph.
14. What did the raft weigh at the end of the journey?
(a) About 400 pounds.
(b) 250 lbs.
(c) 150 lbs.
(d) About 300 pounds.
15. What word does Brian use to describe how his muscles feel, in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. How thick are the logs that Brian chooses for the raft?
2. What is the first thing the raft strikes as it races through the rapids?
3. Brian drifts into the lake and tries to get out by paddling. About how fast is the raft moving?
4. What does Derek send Brian as a gift after the ordeal?
5. What does the trading post consist of?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)