|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(a) Smooth as a mirror.
(c) Smooth as glass.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Brian put on the fire to keep the mosquitoes down?
(a) Green grass.
(b) Green twigs.
(c) Pine needles.
(d) Green leaves.
3. What fruit have Brian and Derek found that is a little green?
4. What does the plane slide through as it heads to the shoreline?
(a) Green reeds.
(d) Water lilies.
5. What type of tree is hit by the lightning and falls toward the shelter?
6. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
(a) Back of the shelter.
(b) Toward the fire.
(c) Toward the front of the shelter.
(d) Up at the ceiling.
7. How long should the fire last that is burning, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) For an hour or two.
(b) Until morning.
(c) For 3-4 hours.
(d) Until noon.
8. What does Brian's mother serve to drink when Derek returns to talk, in Chapter 3?
9. By Chapter 9, how much firewood have Brian and Derek collected?
(a) Enough for a couple days.
(b) Enough for a month.
(c) Enough for three weeks.
(d) Enough for 6-7 days.
10. What direction is the lake where Derek and Brian going from the lake where Brian stayed?
11. What was the only tool Brian had with him when he was alone in the Canadian woods?
12. How many cokes would Brian like to drink?
(d) 8 or 10.
13. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(b) Hail storm.
14. What does the pilot of the plane have to listen to music?
(a) MP3 player.
(b) CD player.
(d) Cassette player.
15. If trouble develops, how long will it take a plane to reach Brian and Derek at the lake?
(a) 4-5 hours.
(b) 2-3 hours.
(c) 6-7 hours.
(d) 3-4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music does the pilot of the plane listen to?
2. What sound do Brian and Derek hear as they drift off to sleep their second night?
3. How long does Brian wait for Derek to wake up?
4. What simile does Brian use to describe the greenness of the trees when they land?
5. How long does Brian think it looks like they have been at the lake by the time they've been there three days?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)