|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cokes would Brian like to drink?
(c) 8 or 10.
2. How many days will it take before Brian will be ready to eat grub worms?
3. Where did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave the runway?
(a) New Hampshire.
(d) New York.
4. What month is it in Chapters 1-3?
5. What does Brian need to study for school?
6. How long after Derek first met Brian do they head to the wilderness?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 months.
7. When the lean-to doesn't protect Brian and Derek from the rain, where do they try to shelter?
(a) In a rotted log.
(b) Under willows and birch.
(c) In a thicket.
(d) Under an overhang.
8. What does Derek do when Brian places Derek on his back?
9. About how wide is the river where it leaves the lake?
(a) 60 feet wide.
(b) 40-50 feet wide.
(c) 45 feet wide.
(d) 20-30 feet wide.
10. What awakens Brian, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(c) Gun shot.
11. When the plane lands on the lake where Brian and Derek will camp, how long does Brian believe it will be until it rains?
(a) 9-10 hours.
(b) 4-6 hours.
(c) 3-4 hours.
(d) 7-8 hours.
12. How many men come to Brian's house in Chapter 1?
13. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 3 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 6 inches.
14. What type of meat does Brian fix for supper, in Chapter 3?
(d) Pork chops.
15. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(b) Smooth as a mirror.
(c) Smooth as glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian smell when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
2. How long does Brian think it looks like they have been at the lake by the time they've been there three days?
3. What does Brian eat while he waits for Derek to wake up?
4. What was the name of the pilot who died when Brian went into the wilderness last time?
5. What sound do Brian and Derek hear as they drift off to sleep their second night?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)