|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in Chapters 1-3?
2. Where does Derek say they always held their survival courses?
3. How long does Brian think it might take for someone to come looking for him and Derek?
(a) A week or ten days.
(b) A couple weeks.
(c) 5-6 days.
(d) 4-5 days.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Brian put on the fire to keep the mosquitoes down?
(a) Green grass.
(b) Pine needles.
(c) Green twigs.
(d) Green leaves.
5. What name is used for the call signal of the radio?
6. When Brian's mother asked what was the worst thing about his survival experience, what did Brian say?
7. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
(a) Toward the front of the shelter.
(b) Back of the shelter.
(c) Up at the ceiling.
(d) Toward the fire.
8. What color is the flint that Brian finds?
9. What does Derek say he ate in his survival course?
10. What happens when Brian rolls over to get up, after the lightning strike?
(a) His chest hurts.
(b) His ankle gives way.
(c) His vision blurs.
(d) His knee buckles.
11. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(a) Smooth as glass.
(d) Smooth as a mirror.
12. What is Derek reaching for when he is struck by lighting?
(a) Food and water.
(c) Briefcase and radio.
13. What does Brian fix for a side dish, in Chapter 3?
(c) Baked potatoes.
(d) Fruit salad.
14. About how far does Brian fall when he finds the flint?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 25 feet.
15. What protects the shelter from storms?
(a) Hill in front.
(b) A thicket.
(c) Fallen tree.
(d) Hill in back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Brian see when the lightning strikes?
2. In Chapter 7, what time does the rain begin?
3. After the men leave, how long does Brian have until his mother gets home?
4. What type of tree is hit by the lightning and falls toward the shelter?
5. How long does Brian wait for Derek to wake up?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)