|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how wide is the river where it leaves the lake?
(a) 40-50 feet wide.
(b) 45 feet wide.
(c) 20-30 feet wide.
(d) 60 feet wide.
2. What type of nuts does Brian find, in Chapter 8?
3. What did someone want to put Brian's face on?
(b) Record album.
4. How long should the fire last that is burning, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Until morning.
(b) For 3-4 hours.
(c) For an hour or two.
(d) Until noon.
5. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(c) Hail storm.
6. Where does Derek say they always held their survival courses?
7. What protects the shelter from storms?
(a) Hill in front.
(b) A thicket.
(c) Hill in back.
(d) Fallen tree.
8. What type of vehicle does Brian's mother drive?
(c) Station wagon.
9. What time does the rain stop?
(a) 1 p.m.
(b) Around dusk.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) Near dawn.
10. What was the name of the pilot who died when Brian went into the wilderness last time?
11. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
12. Brian can't believe he _____ on the plane.
13. What time of day did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave?
(a) Around noon.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) Early morning.
(d) 10 a.m.
14. What type of shirt is Brian wearing when they fly to the wilderness?
(a) Fishing shirt.
(d) Flannel shirt.
15. When Brian believes that Derek might be dead, where does Brian first touch Derek to find signs of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brian's mother work?
2. What direction do the storms come from at the lake?
3. What picture is on Brian's baseball cap?
4. What type of animals like to eat grub worms?
5. What does Brian try to show Derek when he falls?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)