|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the plane lands on the lake where Brian and Derek will camp, how long does Brian believe it will be until it rains?
(a) 4-6 hours.
(b) 7-8 hours.
(c) 9-10 hours.
(d) 3-4 hours.
2. What sound do Brian and Derek hear as they drift off to sleep their second night?
3. How large is the moon when Brian slips out of their crude lean-to?
(c) Three quarters.
4. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
(a) Back of the shelter.
(b) Toward the front of the shelter.
(c) Up at the ceiling.
(d) Toward the fire.
5. Brian can't believe he _____ on the plane.
6. When Brian believes that Derek might be dead, where does Brian first touch Derek to find signs of life?
7. How long does it take after for the plane that transports Brian and Derek to begin flying over forest?
(a) 75 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) Half an hour.
8. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they set aside to eat later if they have to?
(a) Spice bush.
9. If trouble develops, how long will it take a plane to reach Brian and Derek at the lake?
(a) 3-4 hours.
(b) 4-5 hours.
(c) 6-7 hours.
(d) 2-3 hours.
10. What direction is the lake where Derek and Brian going from the lake where Brian stayed?
11. What does Brian call the experience he had in the Canadian woods?
(a) Survival Time.
(b) The Time.
(c) Quiet Time.
(d) The Interlude.
12. What direction does the overhang of Brian and Derek's shelter face?
13. How many times does Brian have to hit the flint to make it spark?
14. In Chapter 10, what does Brian put on the fire to keep the mosquitoes down?
(a) Green twigs.
(b) Green leaves.
(c) Pine needles.
(d) Green grass.
15. What fruit have Brian and Derek found that is a little green?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave?
2. What clothing line did someone want to create using Brian's name?
3. When Brian's mother asked what was the worst thing about his survival experience, what did Brian say?
4. What time does the rain stop?
5. What is Brian's last name?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)