|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(b) Hail storm.
2. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(a) Smooth as glass.
(b) Smooth as a mirror.
3. What happens when Brian rolls over to get up, after the lightning strike?
(a) His vision blurs.
(b) His ankle gives way.
(c) His chest hurts.
(d) His knee buckles.
4. How many cokes would Brian like to drink?
(d) 8 or 10.
5. What simile does Brian use to describe the greenness of the trees when they land?
(a) Green like a carpet.
(b) Green like a blanket.
(c) Green like a pudding.
(d) Green like a pond.
6. What does Brian eat while he waits for Derek to wake up?
(d) Dried meat.
7. What end of the lake is hilly?
8. Where does Brian's mother work?
(a) Doctor's office.
(b) Law office.
(c) Real estate office.
(d) Dentist's office.
9. What does Brian smell when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
(a) Burned hair.
(b) Burned flesh.
(c) Burned plastic.
(d) Burned clothing.
10. What sound do Brian and Derek hear as they drift off to sleep their second night?
11. What type of shirt is Brian wearing when they fly to the wilderness?
(a) Fishing shirt.
(d) Flannel shirt.
12. What type of bark does Brian use to make his first fire?
13. How long should the fire last that is burning, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) For an hour or two.
(b) For 3-4 hours.
(c) Until morning.
(d) Until noon.
14. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
(a) Back of the shelter.
(b) Toward the front of the shelter.
(c) Toward the fire.
(d) Up at the ceiling.
15. What type of meat does Brian fix for supper, in Chapter 3?
(c) Pork chops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian's mother sell?
2. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
3. How is Brian lying when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
4. What fruit have Brian and Derek found that is a little green?
5. How many times does Brian have to hit the flint to make it spark?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)