|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Brian think it looks like they have been at the lake by the time they've been there three days?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 10 months.
(d) A year.
2. What time does the rain stop?
(a) 1 p.m.
(b) Around dusk.
(c) Near dawn.
(d) 9 a.m.
3. What awakens Brian, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Gun shot.
4. What does Brian call the experience he had in the Canadian woods?
(a) The Interlude.
(b) Survival Time.
(c) The Time.
(d) Quiet Time.
5. How many days will it take before Brian will be ready to eat grub worms?
6. What time of day did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave?
(a) Around noon.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) Early morning.
(d) 8 a.m.
7. After the men leave, how long does Brian have until his mother gets home?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) An hour.
8. What name is used for the call signal of the radio?
9. By Chapter 9, how much firewood have Brian and Derek collected?
(a) Enough for a couple days.
(b) Enough for 6-7 days.
(c) Enough for three weeks.
(d) Enough for a month.
10. How long does Brian wait for Derek to wake up?
(a) About 12 hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) The rest of the day and all night.
(d) A few hours.
11. What simile does Brian use to describe the greenness of the trees when they land?
(a) Green like a carpet.
(b) Green like a pudding.
(c) Green like a blanket.
(d) Green like a pond.
12. How old is Brian?
13. What end of the lake is hilly?
14. What color is the trim on the vehicle that Brian's mother drives?
15. How long does it take after for the plane that transports Brian and Derek to begin flying over forest?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) 75 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is hit by the lightning and falls toward the shelter?
2. What is Derek's job?
3. What type of meat does Brian fix for supper, in Chapter 3?
4. If trouble develops, how long will it take a plane to reach Brian and Derek at the lake?
5. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)