|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how far does Brian fall when he finds the flint?
(a) 25 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
2. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(c) Smooth as a mirror.
(d) Smooth as glass.
3. What does Brian eat while he waits for Derek to wake up?
(b) Dried meat.
4. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 6 inches.
(c) 3 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
5. What sound do Brian and Derek hear as they drift off to sleep their second night?
6. How many men come to Brian's house in Chapter 1?
7. What type of animals like to eat grub worms?
8. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(b) Hail storm.
9. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they eat?
10. What does Brian's mother serve to drink when Derek returns to talk, in Chapter 3?
11. What type of vehicle does Brian's mother drive?
(d) Station wagon.
12. How long does it take after for the plane that transports Brian and Derek to begin flying over forest?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) An hour.
(c) 75 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
13. What did someone want to put Brian's face on?
(b) Record album.
14. What end of the lake is hilly?
15. What are the men wearing who come to Brian's house?
(a) Dark suits.
(b) Khakis and button-down shirts.
(d) Jeans and t-shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is hit by the lightning and falls toward the shelter?
2. How many days will it take before Brian will be ready to eat grub worms?
3. What color is the trim on the vehicle that Brian's mother drives?
4. What animal does Brian see in the lake his first night there?
5. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)