|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bark does Brian use to make his first fire?
2. What does Brian smell when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
(a) Burned plastic.
(b) Burned flesh.
(c) Burned hair.
(d) Burned clothing.
3. By Chapter 9, how much firewood have Brian and Derek collected?
(a) Enough for 6-7 days.
(b) Enough for three weeks.
(c) Enough for a couple days.
(d) Enough for a month.
4. About how wide is the river where it leaves the lake?
(a) 20-30 feet wide.
(b) 45 feet wide.
(c) 40-50 feet wide.
(d) 60 feet wide.
5. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 6 inches.
(d) 5 inches.
6. How many men come to Brian's house in Chapter 1?
7. In Chapter 10, what does Brian put on the fire to keep the mosquitoes down?
(a) Green grass.
(b) Green leaves.
(c) Pine needles.
(d) Green twigs.
8. What does Brian's mother serve to drink when Derek returns to talk, in Chapter 3?
9. In Chapters 1-3, how long has it been since Brian spent time alone in the Canadian woods?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 1 year.
10. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they set aside to eat later if they have to?
(a) Spice bush.
11. How many cokes would Brian like to drink?
(b) 8 or 10.
12. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(c) Hail storm.
13. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they eat?
14. What is Derek reaching for when he is struck by lighting?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Briefcase and radio.
15. What does Brian try to show Derek when he falls?
(a) A bear.
(d) A cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how many pieces of wood does Brian put on the fire when he awakens in the night?
2. What happens when Brian rolls over to get up, after the lightning strike?
3. What was the name of the pilot who died when Brian went into the wilderness last time?
4. What does Brian need to study for school?
5. What is Brian's last name?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)