|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brian believes that Derek might be dead, where does Brian first touch Derek to find signs of life?
2. What does the plane slide through as it heads to the shoreline?
(a) Green reeds.
(c) Water lilies.
3. What is Derek reaching for when he is struck by lighting?
(b) Food and water.
(d) Briefcase and radio.
4. When the crack of thunder awakens Brian a second time, in Chapter 10, where does Brian move?
(a) To the front of the shelter.
(b) Toward Derek.
(c) To the back of the shelter.
(d) Toward the radio.
5. About how wide is the river where it leaves the lake?
(a) 60 feet wide.
(b) 20-30 feet wide.
(c) 40-50 feet wide.
(d) 45 feet wide.
6. How long ago did Brian's parents divorce?
(a) 1 1/2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
7. How far is the lake where Derek and Brian are going from the lake where Brian stayed?
(a) About 150 miles.
(b) About 75 miles.
(c) About 100 miles.
(d) About 50 miles.
8. What time does the rain stop?
(a) Near dawn.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) Around dusk.
(d) 1 p.m.
9. What does Brian smell when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
(a) Burned plastic.
(b) Burned clothing.
(c) Burned hair.
(d) Burned flesh.
10. What does the pilot of the plane have to listen to music?
(a) MP3 player.
(b) CD player.
(c) Cassette player.
11. What shape was the lake where Brian survived the first time?
12. What protects the shelter from storms?
(a) Hill in back.
(b) Fallen tree.
(c) A thicket.
(d) Hill in front.
13. When Brian's mother asked what was the worst thing about his survival experience, what did Brian say?
14. What type of meat does Brian fix for supper, in Chapter 3?
(a) Pork chops.
15. If trouble develops, how long will it take a plane to reach Brian and Derek at the lake?
(a) 6-7 hours.
(b) 3-4 hours.
(c) 2-3 hours.
(d) 4-5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how far does Brian fall when he finds the flint?
2. What type of animals like to eat grub worms?
3. What direction is the lake where Derek and Brian going from the lake where Brian stayed?
4. What picture is on Brian's baseball cap?
5. What does Brian call the experience he had in the Canadian woods?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)