|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the plane lands on the lake where Brian and Derek will camp, how long does Brian believe it will be until it rains?
(a) 4-6 hours.
(b) 9-10 hours.
(c) 7-8 hours.
(d) 3-4 hours.
2. What color does Brian see when the lightning strikes?
3. What picture is on Brian's baseball cap?
4. When was the last weekly check-in made before the lightning strike?
(a) Two days before.
(b) The morning before.
(c) The afternoon before.
(d) Three days before.
5. What is Derek reaching for when he is struck by lighting?
(c) Food and water.
(d) Briefcase and radio.
6. How long did Brian survive in the Canadian woods?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 63 days.
(c) 54 days.
(d) 3 months.
7. When the crack of thunder awakens Brian a second time, in Chapter 10, where does Brian move?
(a) Toward the radio.
(b) To the front of the shelter.
(c) Toward Derek.
(d) To the back of the shelter.
8. How long does Brian think it looks like they have been at the lake by the time they've been there three days?
(a) 6 months.
(b) A year.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 8 months.
9. What was the name of the pilot who died when Brian went into the wilderness last time?
10. How is Brian lying when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
(a) On his back.
(b) On his right side.
(c) On his stomach.
(d) On his left side.
11. Whose name is used for the call signal of the radio?
(a) Derek's mother's.
(b) Derek's wife's.
(c) Brian's girlfriend's.
(d) Brian's mother's.
12. Where did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave the runway?
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
13. What animal does Brian see in the lake his first night there?
(a) Beaver or muskrat.
(c) Wolf or fox.
14. What end of the lake is hilly?
15. What does Derek say he ate in his survival course?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the flint that Brian finds?
2. What does Brian smell when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
3. What type of shirt is Brian wearing when they fly to the wilderness?
4. What type of music does the pilot of the plane listen to?
5. What direction does the overhang of Brian and Derek's shelter face?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)