|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(a) Smooth as glass.
(d) Smooth as a mirror.
2. How long after Derek first met Brian do they head to the wilderness?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What animal does Brian see in the lake his first night there?
(b) Wolf or fox.
(c) Beaver or muskrat.
4. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they set aside to eat later if they have to?
(d) Spice bush.
5. How long ago did Brian's parents divorce?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 1 1/2 years.
(d) 6 months.
6. What end of the lake is hilly?
7. What did someone want to put Brian's face on?
(a) Record album.
8. What protects the shelter from storms?
(a) Fallen tree.
(b) Hill in front.
(c) A thicket.
(d) Hill in back.
9. What animal helped Brian find flint when he survived alone?
10. How long does Brian wait for Derek to wake up?
(a) About 12 hours.
(b) The rest of the day and all night.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Two days.
11. Where does Brian's mother work?
(a) Real estate office.
(b) Doctor's office.
(c) Law office.
(d) Dentist's office.
12. In Chapter 10, how many pieces of wood does Brian put on the fire when he awakens in the night?
(a) A couple.
13. What picture is on Brian's baseball cap?
14. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 6 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
15. What is the first name of the girl Brian met at school and dated a few times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian's mother serve to drink when Derek returns to talk, in Chapter 3?
2. What color is the flint that Brian finds?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they eat?
4. In Chapters 1-3, how long has it been since Brian spent time alone in the Canadian woods?
5. What is the last name of the girl Brian dated a few times?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)