|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does the rain stop?
(a) 1 p.m.
(b) Around dusk.
(c) Near dawn.
(d) 9 a.m.
2. What direction do the storms come from at the lake?
(a) South, southwest.
(c) North, northwest.
3. Whose name is used for the call signal of the radio?
(a) Derek's wife's.
(b) Brian's girlfriend's.
(c) Brian's mother's.
(d) Derek's mother's.
4. How large is the moon when Brian slips out of their crude lean-to?
(c) Three quarters.
5. What awakens Brian, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) Gun shot.
6. What type of tree is hit by the lightning and falls toward the shelter?
7. What type of meat does Brian fix for supper, in Chapter 3?
(c) Pork chops.
8. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(c) Hail storm.
9. What does Derek say he ate in his survival course?
10. What direction does the overhang of Brian and Derek's shelter face?
11. Where is Derek staring unseeing when Brian crawls toward him?
(a) Up at the ceiling.
(b) Toward the front of the shelter.
(c) Toward the fire.
(d) Back of the shelter.
12. How long did Brian survive in the Canadian woods?
(a) 54 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 63 days.
13. After the men leave, how long does Brian have until his mother gets home?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) An hour.
14. What fruit have Brian and Derek found that is a little green?
15. When the crack of thunder awakens Brian a second time, in Chapter 10, where does Brian move?
(a) To the back of the shelter.
(b) To the front of the shelter.
(c) Toward Derek.
(d) Toward the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the girl Brian met at school and dated a few times?
2. What are the men wearing who come to Brian's house?
3. What animal does Brian see in the lake his first night there?
4. What protects the shelter from storms?
5. How long does it take after for the plane that transports Brian and Derek to begin flying over forest?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)