|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simile does Brian use to describe the greenness of the trees when they land?
(a) Green like a pudding.
(b) Green like a carpet.
(c) Green like a pond.
(d) Green like a blanket.
2. What direction is the lake where Derek and Brian going from the lake where Brian stayed?
3. What type of music does the pilot of the plane listen to?
(c) Hip Hop.
4. How long should the fire last that is burning, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Until morning.
(b) For an hour or two.
(c) For 3-4 hours.
(d) Until noon.
5. What direction do the storms come from at the lake?
(b) South, southwest.
(c) North, northwest.
6. What does Brian's mother serve to drink when Derek returns to talk, in Chapter 3?
7. What does Derek say he ate in his survival course?
8. What protects the shelter from storms?
(a) A thicket.
(b) Hill in back.
(c) Hill in front.
(d) Fallen tree.
9. About how far does Brian fall when he finds the flint?
(a) 25 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 30 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
10. At the end of Chapter 7, what do Brian and Derek find that they eat?
11. How many times does Brian have to hit the flint to make it spark?
12. What end of the lake is hilly?
13. What does Brian eat while he waits for Derek to wake up?
(a) Dried meat.
14. As Brian is being soaked by the rain, what does he think of?
(a) Doing something with his father.
(b) Sitting with his mother at the dining room table.
(c) Being with Deborah.
(d) Being alone in the woods.
15. How much topsoil does Brian say man and every little and big thing are dependent upon?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 6 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brian can't believe he _____ on the plane.
2. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
3. What was the only tool Brian had with him when he was alone in the Canadian woods?
4. What time of day did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave?
5. What color is the flint that Brian finds?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)