|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brian describe the surface of the lake when they land?
(a) Smooth as a mirror.
(c) Smooth as glass.
2. How many cokes would Brian like to drink?
(a) 8 or 10.
3. What type of weather did Brian get caught in when he was on his own?
(c) Hail storm.
4. What type of nuts does Brian find, in Chapter 8?
5. Where does Brian's mother work?
(a) Dentist's office.
(b) Doctor's office.
(c) Law office.
(d) Real estate office.
6. About how wide is the river where it leaves the lake?
(a) 20-30 feet wide.
(b) 40-50 feet wide.
(c) 45 feet wide.
(d) 60 feet wide.
7. How long does Brian wait for Derek to wake up?
(a) Two days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) About 12 hours.
(d) The rest of the day and all night.
8. After the men leave, how long does Brian have until his mother gets home?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
9. What name is used for the call signal of the radio?
10. What does Brian need to study for school?
11. What shape was the lake where Brian survived the first time?
12. How is Brian lying when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
(a) On his right side.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his left side.
13. Where did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave the runway?
(b) New York.
(c) New Hampshire.
14. What sound do Brian and Derek hear as they drift off to sleep their second night?
15. When Brian believes that Derek might be dead, where does Brian first touch Derek to find signs of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take after for the plane that transports Brian and Derek to begin flying over forest?
2. What type of clock is in the entryway of Brian's home?
3. What type of music does the pilot of the plane listen to?
4. How long should the fire last that is burning, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What type of shirt is Brian wearing when they fly to the wilderness?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)