|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the flint that Brian finds?
2. What time of day did Brian, Derek, and their pilot leave?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Around noon.
(d) 8 a.m.
3. What picture is on Brian's baseball cap?
4. What was the name of the pilot who died when Brian went into the wilderness last time?
5. What type of music does the pilot of the plane listen to?
(d) Hip Hop.
6. When the lean-to doesn't protect Brian and Derek from the rain, where do they try to shelter?
(a) Under willows and birch.
(b) In a rotted log.
(c) In a thicket.
(d) Under an overhang.
7. How is Brian lying when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
(a) On his left side.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his right side.
8. What animal does Brian see in the lake his first night there?
(b) Beaver or muskrat.
(c) Wolf or fox.
9. What fruit have Brian and Derek found that is a little green?
10. What is the first name of the girl Brian met at school and dated a few times?
11. What type of clock is in the entryway of Brian's home?
12. What direction do the storms come from at the lake?
(b) North, northwest.
(d) South, southwest.
13. How long should the fire last that is burning, at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Until noon.
(b) For 3-4 hours.
(c) Until morning.
(d) For an hour or two.
14. What happens when Brian rolls over to get up, after the lightning strike?
(a) His ankle gives way.
(b) His chest hurts.
(c) His vision blurs.
(d) His knee buckles.
15. What month is it in Chapters 1-3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Derek's job?
2. What does Brian smell when he regains consciousness, in Chapter 11?
3. What does the plane slide through as it heads to the shoreline?
4. What does Derek do when Brian places Derek on his back?
5. What animal helped Brian find flint when he survived alone?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)