|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Attar call God as explained by Titus to Gus?
(c) A river.
(d) A fish.
2. Why does Ma write to Gus after she reads the interview?
(a) She is curious.
(b) She is sad that Gus would dupe Dutch.
(c) She is angry with Gus for duping Dutch.
(d) She is proud of Gus for duping Dutch.
3. What does Gus do when the girl leaves?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He fishes alone.
(c) He follows her with his truck.
(d) He falls out of the tree.
4. In the beginning of "The River Writes" how does Gus now view himself in regard to fishing?
(a) As a murderer.
(b) As an expert.
(c) As a sportsman.
(d) As an amateur.
5. What is ironic about the modern name for the creek, the US Grant?
(a) It has the same meaning as its Native American name.
(b) It is the same name Gus gave it when he was a boy.
(c) The creek is weak not strong like the name.
(d) It is the opposite of its Native American name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gus bothered by the old man that he meets at Shat Creek in the chapter "Dutch"?
2. What does Nick come to Gus for?
3. What was Bill Bob doing in the cold air that Gus stood to watch?
4. What do Steve and Satyavati make?
5. Why is one reason Titus did not give for believing that Eddy will find Gus again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Titus feel about God? Be specific in your answer.
2. Explain the relationship between Descartes and Titus.
3. Why can't Gus communicate with Eddy when he meets her?
4. How have Henning and Ma changed since Gus has been away? What do they tell Gus is the reason for the change?
5. How do Ma's views of dams differ from Thomas Bigeater's views?
6. In what way is Nick a convert?
7. How does Eddy lead Gus to God?
8. Gus personifies the creek. How so and what story does he tell about the creek?
9. On his trip back to Tamanawis, how does Gus approve of God for once?
10. How does Titus use Rodney to explain God to Gus?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)