|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girl doing in the tree in the chapter "The Warble of the Water Owl"?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is watching Gus.
(c) She is fishing.
(d) She is singing.
2. What does Gus come to realize about the "source"?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That it cannot be found.
(c) That it has no meaning.
(d) That it is everywhere.
3. What name does Gus give God?
4. What method of fishing does Gus teach the old man in the chapter "Dutch"?
(a) The Twinkie method.
(b) The sandwich method.
(c) The no bait method.
(d) The swim method.
5. What does Attar call God as explained by Titus to Gus?
(a) A river.
(c) A fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Steve and Rama take Gus to do in "Jesus Keeps Fishing"?
2. When Gus awakes in "the River Writes" what does he see in nature?
3. Why is one reason Titus did not give for believing that Eddy will find Gus again?
4. What does the man from Arizona who wants to sell Gus's wares say to Gus?
5. What does the mouse do at Pedro's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Nick a convert?
2. How does Eddy lead Gus to God?
3. How does Gus become somewhat famous in the chapter "Hemingway"?
4. What do Henning and his colleagues do metaphysically that Gus does not understand?
5. What neighbors does Gus meet; who are they; what do they do; what do they offer Gus?
6. How does Gus dupe Dutch and why does he do it?
7. How are Eddy and Gus alike?
8. How do Ma's views of dams differ from Thomas Bigeater's views?
9. What does Gus learn about solitude?
10. On Gus's trek back home from the source of the Tamanawis, what does he discover about the spiritual source?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)