|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Titus keeps asking Gus philosophical questions, what does Gus continue to answer?
(a) "Wish I knew that."
(c) "Don't matter."
(d) "No one knows."
2. What does Gus come to realize about the "source"?
(a) That it does not exist.
(b) That it cannot be found.
(c) That it is everywhere.
(d) That it has no meaning.
3. Why does it take Eddy so long to get from Portland to Tamanawis?
(a) She got lost.
(b) She stopped to eat.
(c) Her car kept breaking down.
(d) She kept turning around.
4. What do Steve and Rama take Gus to do in "Jesus Keeps Fishing"?
(a) Take a ride on the river.
(b) Take a walk up the mountain.
(c) Go to breakfast.
(d) Build a bonfire.
5. At the beginning of the "Eddy" chapter what is Gus's plan for himself?
(a) To run and hide.
(b) To meet the girl.
(c) To fall out of the tree and die.
(d) To learn how to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus buy from Emma that belonged to Hemingway?
2. How does Ma view dams?
3. What do Ernie, Emma, and the kids give to Gus in return for fishing lessons?
4. What does Gus do when the girl leaves?
5. Why doesn't Gus want to use the dairy kids' names?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddy lead Gus to God?
2. How are Eddy and Gus alike?
3. Explain the relationship between Descartes and Titus.
4. How does Gus become somewhat famous in the chapter "Hemingway"?
5. What is the purpose of the trek that Gus takes after Nick leaves?
6. Gus personifies the creek. How so and what story does he tell about the creek?
7. Explain the scene written about Steve and his family and losing the monkey doll on the mountain.
8. Why can't Gus communicate with Eddy when he meets her?
9. On his trip back to Tamanawis, how does Gus approve of God for once?
10. How does Gus dupe Dutch and why does he do it?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)