|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confused Ma about the famous book "The Complete Angler" that Henning gave her to read?
(a) The s's looked like f's.
(b) The ideas.
(c) The language.
(d) The reason why Henning owned it.
2. What happens in the barroom during the honeymoon of Henning and Carolina?
(a) Carolina and Henning call a truce.
(b) Carolina admits Henning is a better fisherman.
(c) Carolina punches Henning in the nose.
(d) Henning admits to lying about the number of fish he caught on the honeymoon.
3. According to Gus in "The Ideal Schedule", what makes fishing even better?
(a) Not fishing all of the time.
(b) Fishing in the early morning.
(c) Fishing with Bill Bob.
(d) Fishing every day.
4. What is Gus drinking while he warms in front of the fire with Titus?
(a) Warm milk.
(d) Rum Egg Nog.
5. What does Bill Bob tell Gus about Garden Angels?
(a) They never die.
(b) They are spirits that watch over humans.
(c) They grow old as humans do.
(d) They are our human twins that are born when we die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the L.Q.B.S.?
2. What does Gus do with his copy of Izaak Walton's book?
3. How does Carolina make GC feel better about her grandson fishing on Sundays?
4. Why does Zeke tell the story of Carolina and Henning's meeting?
5. How does Gus believe that he becomes a fishing prodigy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do statistics mean to the angler?
2. How does the "Rogue River War" create a stronger bond between Carolina and Henning rather than breaking them apart due to their differences?
3. Is the argument in "Voiding My Rheum" healing or destructive? Defend your answer.
4. Why is Gus searching for the answer to death?
5. How is Bill Bob different than the rest of the family?
6. Why does Gus feel sorry for Sigrid the minnow he puts in his tank? What is he learning about himself through his feelings for her?
7. How does Henning wrongfully convince himself that Izaak Walton's book is the bible of fly-fishing?
8. What are Ma's and Henning's philosophies of death?
9. How does Gus plan his life to maximize his fishing time?
10. What happens with Gus and Abe? How does Gus speak to Abe? Why does he speak to Abe in this fashion?
This section contains 1,512 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)