|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Titus doing so badly in "Jesus Keeps Fishing?"
2. How far does Gus go on his trek in the chapter titled the same?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
3. What method of fishing does Gus teach the old man in the chapter "Dutch"?
(a) The no bait method.
(b) The Twinkie method.
(c) The swim method.
(d) The sandwich method.
4. What are Henning, Ma, and Bill Bob pretending to play when Gus comes home?
(a) Musical chairs.
(b) Go fish.
(c) Blind man's bluff.
(d) Duck, Duck, Goose.
5. What does Eddy promise Gus when she leaves?
(a) That she will call him.
(b) That she will return to stay.
(c) That she will return the next evening.
(d) That she loves him.
6. How does Pedro plan on waking his family to see the mouse?
(a) He will poke at them.
(b) He will holler.
(c) He ties string to their fingers.
(d) He sets an alarm.
7. What does Gus discover at the end of the chapter "The Line of Light"?
(a) The best way to fish.
(b) All of the answers.
8. Who are Googler and Mangler?
(a) Names of two fish Hemingway caught.
(c) New friends of the dairy farm kids.
(d) Invisible friends of Arjuna and Hemingway.
9. What was Bill Bob doing in the cold air that Gus stood to watch?
10. How does Ma view dams?
(a) She feels they are a necessary evil.
(b) She thinks they are needed.
(c) She applauds them for what they do.
(d) She hates them for destroying the salmon.
11. What does Gus buy from Emma that belonged to Hemingway?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A duck.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cow.
12. What does the mouse do at Pedro's house?
(a) It dances.
(b) It sets the traps without getting caught.
(c) It eats the cheese in the traps.
(d) It sings.
13. Why do Titus and Gus go to Portland?
(a) Titus says his flat is more fitting.
(b) There are bars in Portland.
(c) Gus wants a change of scenery.
(d) There are girls in Portland.
14. What does Gus do a lot of when he first arrives back home at the cabin?
15. What does Nick come to Gus for?
(a) To tell him a story about an old friend.
(b) To learn how to make flies and poles.
(c) To drink wine and sit by the fire.
(d) To learn how to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eddy set up for Gus to do while she is gone?
2. What stuffed animal does Rama have with him in "Jesus Keeps Fishing"?
3. What inanimate object does Titus use to explain God to Gus?
4. Why is Bill Bob so fascinated with Pedro's home?
5. What does Descartes compare eating cat dung to for humans?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)