|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bill Bob and Gus venture to when Bill Bob comes to stay at the cabin?
(a) To another river.
(b) To the farm.
(c) Up a 500 foot ridge.
(d) To town.
2. What allusion does Gus make to his reading of The Compleat Angler as many times as he did?
(a) A historian to world history.
(b) Moses to the commandments.
(c) An English teacher to Shakespeare.
(d) Mozart to sheet music.
3. What gift does Henning give to Gus for the cabin?
(a) A cord of wood.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) Fishing paintings.
4. How many hours per year does Gus's ideal schedule entail?
5. What does Gus wonder about his father?
(a) If he loves anyone.
(b) If he loves Gus.
(c) If he loves Ma.
(d) If he loves Bill Bob.
6. What confused Ma about the famous book "The Complete Angler" that Henning gave her to read?
(a) The language.
(b) The s's looked like f's.
(c) The ideas.
(d) The reason why Henning owned it.
7. When Gus wakes up in "I Reckon" why doesn't he know what time it is?
(a) He does not know how long he slept.
(b) His watch is missing.
(c) His head hurts so much that he can't read his watch.
(d) The fog is so thick, that he can't tell if it is day or night.
8. Why did Gnat name the large mouthed bass "Garbage Gut"?
(a) The kids fed the bass real garbage like paper plates and plastic forks.
(b) Because the bass waited for the picnickers to throw their trash into the river.
(c) Eating this bass would make your gut feel like garbage.
(d) Large mouthed bass taste like garbage.
9. What does Gus do at the beginning of "Anamnesis" to make him feel better?
(a) He sleeps again.
(b) He buns many things in the fireplace.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He thinks about a friend that died.
10. How does Carolina make GC feel better about her grandson fishing on Sundays?
(a) Carolina stops Gus from fishing on Sundays.
(b) Carolina compares fishing to church.
(c) Carolina makes GC a big Sunday supper.
(d) Carolina gives CG some bourbon.
11. What does Gus do to the boy that they call Barf-breath?
(a) He puts crawdads in his salad.
(b) He puts fish in the puddle of their driveway.
(c) He puts fish in his home aquarium.
(d) He puts fish in his lunch.
12. How does Bill Bob spend his time at dinner as told by Gus in "Voiding My Rheum"?
(a) Sharing stories of his day.
(b) With multi-media.
(d) Listening intently to his parents.
13. What story does Gus begin to tell at the dinner table in "Voiding My Rheum" that starts an argument between his parents?
(a) About problems with his grades.
(b) About leasing a fishing cabin.
(c) About Bill Bob's dinner habits.
(d) About catching a large mouthed bass.
14. Who/what is Nijinsky as mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) A fishing rod.
(b) Carolina's nickname.
(c) Henning's brother.
(d) The steelhead Hen is trying to catch.
15. How does Gus envision himself while speaking of the green and grey in "I Reckon"?
(a) As a lizard.
(b) As a rock.
(c) As a statue.
(d) As a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gus considered by others in the public school system as a young boy?
2. What does Gus decide about God by writing in his notebook?
3. What kind of a conversation do Gus and Titus have in front of the fire in "Fainting Before the Duel"?
4. Why does Zeke tell the story of Carolina and Henning's meeting?
5. What does Gus do the morning after Alfred's death?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)