|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five: At the End of the Line.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Nick tell Gus?
(a) A fishing story about a shark.
(b) A love story.
(c) A story about a mean chaplain.
(d) A war story in which he finds God.
2. Why does Gus go home at the end of the chapter "Philosophizing"?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He misses his brother.
(c) He needs to be around people to think positively about Eddy.
(d) He has not been there in a very long time.
3. What does Gus do when the girl leaves?
(a) He follows her with his truck.
(b) He fishes alone.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He falls out of the tree.
4. What does Gus need to help him tell Titus his problems?
(c) A good meal.
(d) A good night's sleep.
5. How does Carolina stop Henning from catching the fish he has been trying to reel in all day?
(a) She convinces him that he is caught on the bottom.
(b) She throws her fishing line over his causing it to snap.
(c) She flirts with him.
(d) She uses a worm and catches it herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inanimate object does Titus use to explain God to Gus?
2. Why does Henning laugh a "lunatic laughter" that can be heard around the canyon?
3. What kind of a dog does Gus classify Descartes as?
4. According to Gus in "The Ideal Schedule", what makes fishing even better?
5. How long does Gus sleep for after he vomits his breakfast?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)