|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Characters in Nature: Little, But Strong and Closing the Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeke tell the story of Carolina and Henning's meeting?
(a) He was with Carolina on the day she met Henning.
(b) He is Henning's best friend.
(c) He is Henning's brother.
(d) He is Carolina's brother.
2. How does Henning earn his living?
(a) Selling fishing equipment.
(b) As a writer.
(c) Through family investments.
(d) As a fly-fisherman.
3. What gift does Henning give to Gus for the cabin?
(a) A cord of wood.
(b) Fishing paintings.
(d) An aquarium.
4. Who were Gus's closest neighbors at the cabin?
(a) A tree farmer and his wife.
(b) A dairy farmer and his family.
(c) A fisherman and his wife.
(d) A rancher and his family.
5. What kind of a conversation do Gus and Titus have in front of the fire in "Fainting Before the Duel"?
(a) A witty one.
(b) A silly one.
(c) A sad one.
(d) A serious one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Titus doing so badly in "Jesus Keeps Fishing?"
2. What does Gus do when the girl leaves?
3. What does Ma retell about the mule and the pike?
4. What does Descartes compare eating cat dung to for humans?
5. What doesn't the girl ask Gus?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)