|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, The Undoing of a Scientific Angler: Where I Lived and What I Lived for and Water on the Brain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Carolina and Henning the night they first meet?
(a) He makes a fire and cooks her a fish dinner.
(b) They conceive a child.
(c) They argue and go their separate ways.
(d) They agree to disagree about fishing methods.
2. How did Gus react when Henning was going to whup Bill Bob for writing in the book in "Statistical Improbabilities"?
(a) He yelled for his mother.
(b) He begged his father not to "whup" Bill Bob.
(c) He cried.
(d) He howled with laughter.
3. What does Henning do to his copy of Izaak Walton's book?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He throws it into the river.
(c) He puts it on Ma's nightstand, so she will always see it.
(d) He puts it up on a high shelf.
4. Why does Gus cry after catching Garbage Gut?
(a) Because he had conquered his quest.
(b) Because he could not eat the fish.
(c) Because it was smaller than he expected.
(d) Because Gnat beats the fish to death.
5. How does Ma speak to Henning during their disagreement at the dinner table in "Voiding My Rheum"?
(a) She calls him names referring to his weight.
(b) She speaks loudly but not meanly.
(c) She curses at him.
(d) She calls him names referring to his lack of intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gus considered by others in the public school system as a young boy?
2. What story does Gus begin to tell at the dinner table in "Voiding My Rheum" that starts an argument between his parents?
3. What kind of a dog replaced the Doberman for the surgeon?
4. What does Ma say happens on the otter hunt?
5. It is said that fishermen are such statisticians that even the fish were counted on what occasion?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)