|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: Excerpts from the God-notebook and Being Educated and Gittin Brung Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is Nijinsky as mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Carolina's nickname.
(b) The steelhead Hen is trying to catch.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) Henning's brother.
2. What is Izaak Walton?
(a) A friend of Henning's.
(b) A writer about fly-fishing.
(c) An expert on bait fishing.
(d) A famous fisherman.
3. What did Bill Bob spread all over him that Gus had given him in exchange for a check?
(a) Chocolate sauce.
(b) M & Ms.
(c) Hershey Kisses.
(d) Hot fudge.
4. Why does Henning laugh a "lunatic laughter" that can be heard around the canyon?
(a) Carolina clenches her fists and hits Henning in the jaw.
(b) Carolina draws a pistol and shoots the fish.
(c) Carolina catches his 30 pound steelhead with a worm.
(d) Carolina falls into the river trying to catch a small steelhead.
5. How did the three third graders get sick in "Being Educated and Gittin' Brung UP"?
(a) Eating the carp made them sick.
(b) They drank the water from the sewer.
(c) Waiting in the rain to see the carp made them sick.
(d) Handling the carp made them sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the editor say that the carp got into the parking lot "lake" one spring?
2. How is Gus considered by others in the public school system as a young boy?
3. What does Gus equate fly-fishing to for Henning in "The Parental Version"?
4. What confused Ma about the famous book "The Complete Angler" that Henning gave her to read?
5. How does Henning earn his living?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)