|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: Excerpts from the God-notebook and Being Educated and Gittin Brung Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Gus give to his father?
2. What kind of a dog replaced the Doberman for the surgeon?
(a) A Beagle.
(b) A Greyhound.
(c) Another Doberman.
(d) A Chihuahua.
3. What does Gus state about his fishing memory?
(a) He only remembers the large fish he catches.
(b) He recalls very little.
(c) He can remember every number of fish he caught.
(d) He recalls every detail that pertains to fishing.
4. What does Ma point out to Henning about the book written by Izaak Walton?
(a) The fishermen are first destructive to animals and then they drink.
(b) The fishermen don't fish.
(c) The fishermen know nothing about fishing.
(d) The fishermen are alcoholics.
5. How does Gus believe that he becomes a fishing prodigy?
(a) He learned it in the womb.
(b) His parents taught him as a young boy.
(c) Both of his parents are skilled fishermen.
(d) He knew how to swim in the womb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henning do about the Izaak Walton book to prove to Ma that her opinion of it is wrong?
2. What does Gus wonder about his father?
3. To what does the narrator compare a fish's death?
4. How does Ma handle the folk who come "witnessing"?
5. What does Gus deem as the crux of Izaak Walton's book?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)