|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: Excerpts from the God-notebook and Being Educated and Gittin Brung Up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeke tell the story of Carolina and Henning's meeting?
(a) He is Henning's brother.
(b) He was with Carolina on the day she met Henning.
(c) He is Carolina's brother.
(d) He is Henning's best friend.
2. What does Gus equate fly-fishing to for Henning in "The Parental Version"?
(c) A good book.
3. What is Henning's issue with his son being called Bill Bob?
(a) No senator, poet, or sea captain ever had such a name.
(b) It sounds like a horse's name.
(c) Bill was the name of a man Henning did not like.
(d) It is a cowpoke name.
4. What is ironic about the meeting of Carolina and Henning?
(a) Carolina loves fly-fishing.
(b) Henning won't let her fish.
(c) Henning believes she is a he.
(d) Carolina has come to hunt.
5. What does Gus decide about God by writing in his notebook?
(a) God will leave him alone if he is a good boy.
(b) God doesn't care what he does as long as he doesn't hurt people.
(c) God is of no use to him.
(d) God is the one who makes him want to fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Bob write a check out on for a candy cigarette from Gus?
2. What allusion does Gus make to his reading of The Compleat Angler as many times as he did?
3. What does Henning do about the Izaak Walton book to prove to Ma that her opinion of it is wrong?
4. What is the difference in philosophies on raising children between Henning and Carolina?
5. What kind of a dog replaced the Doberman for the surgeon?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)