|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: The Great Izaak Walton Conversy: the Parental Version and The Great Izaak Walton Controversy: My Own Rendition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus equate fly-fishing to for Henning in "The Parental Version"?
(a) A good book.
2. What happens between Carolina and Henning the night they first meet?
(a) They argue and go their separate ways.
(b) They conceive a child.
(c) They agree to disagree about fishing methods.
(d) He makes a fire and cooks her a fish dinner.
3. How is Gus considered by others in the public school system as a young boy?
(a) A celebrity.
(b) An enigma.
(c) A mild-mannered freak.
(d) A hero.
4. What is Izaak Walton?
(a) A writer about fly-fishing.
(b) A friend of Henning's.
(c) An expert on bait fishing.
(d) A famous fisherman.
5. What nickname does Gus give to his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare a fish's death?
2. What does Bill Bob write a check out on for a candy cigarette from Gus?
3. Who/what is Nijinsky as mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. How did Gus react when Henning was going to whup Bill Bob for writing in the book in "Statistical Improbabilities"?
5. What allusion does Gus make to his reading of The Compleat Angler as many times as he did?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)