|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: The Great Izaak Walton Conversy: the Parental Version and The Great Izaak Walton Controversy: My Own Rendition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Gus give to his father?
2. To what does the narrator compare a fish's death?
(b) A Baptismal ceremony.
(c) The death of a loved one.
(d) An infant's birth.
3. What happens in the barroom during the honeymoon of Henning and Carolina?
(a) Carolina and Henning call a truce.
(b) Henning admits to lying about the number of fish he caught on the honeymoon.
(c) Carolina admits Henning is a better fisherman.
(d) Carolina punches Henning in the nose.
4. What is Izaak Walton?
(a) A famous fisherman.
(b) An expert on bait fishing.
(c) A friend of Henning's.
(d) A writer about fly-fishing.
5. What is Henning's issue with his son being called Bill Bob?
(a) It is a cowpoke name.
(b) Bill was the name of a man Henning did not like.
(c) No senator, poet, or sea captain ever had such a name.
(d) It sounds like a horse's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carolina stop Henning from catching the fish he has been trying to reel in all day?
2. What did Bill Bob spread all over him that Gus had given him in exchange for a check?
3. What does Ma retell about the mule and the pike?
4. How does Gus believe that he becomes a fishing prodigy?
5. At what age does Gus come to the conclusion that Izaak Walton's book is useless?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)