|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: The Great Izaak Walton Conversy: the Parental Version and The Great Izaak Walton Controversy: My Own Rendition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus do with his copy of Izaak Walton's book?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He puts it on his father's shelf to gather cobwebs.
(c) He throws it out.
(d) He gives it to his father telling him it is nonsense.
2. Who/what is Nijinsky as mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Henning's brother.
(b) Carolina's nickname.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) The steelhead Hen is trying to catch.
3. What does Ma say happens on the otter hunt?
(a) The men spare the mother because of the babies.
(b) The men hunt only males.
(c) The men slaughter the mother and the babies.
(d) The men save the babies after the mother is killed.
4. What does Gus equate fly-fishing to for Henning in "The Parental Version"?
(c) A good book.
5. What does Ma point out to Henning about the book written by Izaak Walton?
(a) The fishermen are alcoholics.
(b) The fishermen know nothing about fishing.
(c) The fishermen are first destructive to animals and then they drink.
(d) The fishermen don't fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Gus consider the most explosive in existence?
2. How does Gus believe that he becomes a fishing prodigy?
3. To what does the narrator compare a fish's death?
4. What does Henning do to his copy of Izaak Walton's book?
5. What does Gus state about his fishing memory?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)