|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: The Ideal Schedule and Voiding My Rheum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus cry after catching Garbage Gut?
(a) Because it was smaller than he expected.
(b) Because he could not eat the fish.
(c) Because Gnat beats the fish to death.
(d) Because he had conquered his quest.
2. What does Gus decide about God by writing in his notebook?
(a) God doesn't care what he does as long as he doesn't hurt people.
(b) God will leave him alone if he is a good boy.
(c) God is the one who makes him want to fish.
(d) God is of no use to him.
3. How did Gus react when Henning was going to whup Bill Bob for writing in the book in "Statistical Improbabilities"?
(a) He cried.
(b) He howled with laughter.
(c) He begged his father not to "whup" Bill Bob.
(d) He yelled for his mother.
4. What is the Rogue River Fishing War all about?
(a) Henning tries to teach Carolina to fly fish ending in a battle.
(b) Carolina forbids Henning to fish during their honeymoon.
(c) Carolina tries to teach Henning to worm fish ending in a battle.
(d) Henning wants to fish alone on their honeymoon.
5. What does Gus do to the boy that they call Barf-breath?
(a) He puts fish in his home aquarium.
(b) He puts crawdads in his salad.
(c) He puts fish in the puddle of their driveway.
(d) He puts fish in his lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare a fish's death?
2. What does Bill Bob write a check out on for a candy cigarette from Gus?
3. What word does Bill Bob first say to Gus?
4. What does Gus equate fly-fishing to for Henning in "The Parental Version"?
5. How does Ma speak to Henning during their disagreement at the dinner table in "Voiding My Rheum"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)