|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, The Compleat Angler: The Ideal Schedule and Voiding My Rheum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Gus considered by others in the public school system as a young boy?
(a) A mild-mannered freak.
(b) A celebrity.
(c) A hero.
(d) An enigma.
2. How does Henning earn his living?
(a) As a fly-fisherman.
(b) As a writer.
(c) Through family investments.
(d) Selling fishing equipment.
3. How did the three third graders get sick in "Being Educated and Gittin' Brung UP"?
(a) Waiting in the rain to see the carp made them sick.
(b) Eating the carp made them sick.
(c) Handling the carp made them sick.
(d) They drank the water from the sewer.
4. To what does the narrator compare a fish's death?
(a) An infant's birth.
(c) The death of a loved one.
(d) A Baptismal ceremony.
5. What allusion is made concerning H2O's need to whip his adversary to death with his fly-wand in "Statistical Improbabilities"?
(a) Isolde and Tristan.
(b) Guinevere and Lancelot.
(c) Beowulf and Grendel.
(d) Romeo and Tybalt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gus give himself as a graduation present?
2. Why does Gus cry after catching Garbage Gut?
3. How did Gus react when Henning was going to whup Bill Bob for writing in the book in "Statistical Improbabilities"?
4. How does Ma handle the folk who come "witnessing"?
5. What is the difference in philosophies on raising children between Henning and Carolina?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)