|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four, The Line of Light: Hemingway and Dutch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus do a lot of when he first arrives back home at the cabin?
2. When Gus awakes in "the River Writes" what does he see in nature?
(b) The answer to his existence.
(c) The Garden Queen's robe.
3. Why does Ma write to Gus after she reads the interview?
(a) She is proud of Gus for duping Dutch.
(b) She is curious.
(c) She is sad that Gus would dupe Dutch.
(d) She is angry with Gus for duping Dutch.
4. What is the one name of the dairy kids that Gus liked?
(b) Donald Duck.
5. Why did Gnat name the large mouthed bass "Garbage Gut"?
(a) Because the bass waited for the picnickers to throw their trash into the river.
(b) The kids fed the bass real garbage like paper plates and plastic forks.
(c) Large mouthed bass taste like garbage.
(d) Eating this bass would make your gut feel like garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of "The River Writes" how does Gus now view himself in regard to fishing?
2. What is the conversation between Ma and Pa about at most dinners?
3. How does Gus begin earning an income at the end of the chapter "Hemingway"?
4. What do Ernie, Emma, and the kids give to Gus in return for fishing lessons?
5. Why doesn't Gus eat his five pounds of oranges?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)