Book One, The Compleat Angler: Gus the Fish and The Rogue River Fishing War
1. How does Henning earn his living?
(a) Selling fishing equipment.
(b) As a fly-fisherman.
(c) Through family investments.
(d) As a writer.
2. What nickname does Gus give to his father?
3. Why does Zeke tell the story of Carolina and Henning's meeting?
(a) He is Henning's best friend.
(b) He is Henning's brother.
(c) He is Carolina's brother.
(d) He was with Carolina on the day she met Henning.
4. How do Zeke's two installments of the story differ?
(a) He becomes agitated for the second installment.
(b) He reinvents the first installment in the second.
(c) He is drunk for the second installment.
(d) He changes the dialect.
5. What is ironic about the meeting of Carolina and Henning?
(a) Carolina has come to hunt.
(b) Carolina loves fly-fishing.
(c) Henning believes she is a he.
(d) Henning won't let her fish.
6. Who/what is Nijinsky as mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Carolina's nickname.
(b) Henning's brother.
(c) A fishing rod.
(d) The steelhead Hen is trying to catch.
This section contains 5,330 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)