|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Nyambura suspect Waiyaki of planning to visit?
2. What does Reverend Livingstone usually wear on his head?
(a) His glasses.
(b) A fedora.
(c) A pith helmet.
(d) A bandana.
3. What is Waiyaki called by the people?
(a) "The Chosen One."
(b) "The Prophet."
(c) "The Leader."
(d) "The Teacher."
4. Who knows Waiyaki was in Joshua's church?
(a) One of his student's parents.
5. What did Waiyaki propose be built for the school that was opposed?
(b) A well.
(c) A third building.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Muthoni's family about her illness?
2. How long has Reverend Livingstone been at Siriana?
3. Where are the circumcisions performed?
4. What does Waiyaki go to get for his father?
5. What are the Christians in Makuyu called?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene Waiyaki walks into in Chapter Fifteen.
2. Why does Muthoni think no one from her family comes to see her?
3. Why does Waiyaki become angry with the rain?
4. What is it that people most admire in Joshua?
5. What is the subject of the songs sung by the children?
6. Why does Waiyaki feel badly for Njeri?
7. What is Waiyaki's relationship with Kabonyi like?
8. How does Waiyaki wait for the "surgeon" at the beginning of Chapter Ten?
9. How does Joshua react to the news of his daughter's death?
10. How does Nyambura feel about Waiyaki at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)