|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waiyaki plan to have the children do the next day?
(a) Dig trenches around the school.
(b) Mud the building.
(c) Rethatch the roof.
(d) Plant a garden.
2. Who wishes s/he had been told of Muthoni's illness earlier?
3. Who says he could kill Waiyaki?
4. Who saw Waiyaki in Mukuyu late at night?
5. Who tells Muthoni's family about her illness?
(d) The tribe's medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts off the meeting of the parents?
2. Where is Muthoni taken at the end of Chapter Ten?
3. How are the children dismissed from school?
4. Who is weeping at the end of Chapter Twelve?
5. With what does Waiyaki become angry near the end of Chapter Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joshua react to the news of his daughter's death?
2. Why does Waiyaki feel badly for Njeri?
3. What arguments does Kabonyi use against Waiyaki at the meeting?
4. Why does Waiyaki not feel warm toward Kamau?
5. What vision of the future does Waiyaki see after leaving Joshua's church?
6. How does Waiyaki feel about his mother?
7. What is the overall reaction to Muthoni's death among the people of the ridges?
8. Why were parents proud when their child came home with a tear-stained face?
9. What does Waiyaki plan to speak about at the meeting of the parents?
10. What changes Reverend Livingstone's mind about how to deal with the traditional tribal customs?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)