|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Kiama?
(a) A traditional pilgrimage to the seat of Murungu.
(b) A council to preserve the tribal customs.
(c) A traditional secondary school.
(d) A graduation ceremony.
2. What is the name of the new school?
(c) Demi na Mathathi.
3. Which of these is not an argument made against Waiyaki's plans?
(a) Waiyaki's youth.
(b) A smaller-than-usual expected harvest.
(c) The new taxes being imposed.
(d) The children weren't really learning.
4. Who is Nyambura going to see?
(c) Her aunt.
5. On what does Kinuthia intimate the Gikuyu will have to pay taxes?
(a) Their huts.
(b) Their crops.
(c) Their land.
(d) Their livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Waiyaki in Mukuyu late at night?
2. How are the children dismissed from school?
3. Who says he could kill Waiyaki?
4. Who has Waiyaki tried to talk to but been unable to voice his thoughts?
5. Who does Muthoni most wish to see while she is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene Waiyaki walks into in Chapter Fifteen.
2. What is Waiyaki's reaction to Nyambura's not coming to visit?
3. How does Joshua react to the news of his daughter's death?
4. What is it that people most admire in Joshua?
5. What does Waiyaki plan to speak about at the meeting of the parents?
6. Why does Muthoni think no one from her family comes to see her?
7. Before meeting him at Mukuyu, what is Nyambura's opinion of Waiyaki?
8. Why does Waiyaki become angry with the rain?
9. What is Waiyaki's relationship with Kabonyi like?
10. What images come to Waiyaki while he is trying to sleep?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)