|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can tell that Nyambura is excited and dreamy?
2. Who has Waiyaki tried to talk to but been unable to voice his thoughts?
(c) His mother.
3. Which of these men is not a teacher at the new school?
4. Which of these is not a reason people came to the meeting at the school?
(a) To hear the progress reports on their children.
(b) To become a teacher.
(c) To see the famous Marioshoni school.
(d) To see the Teacher.
5. What do the Gikuyu people see as the white man's "magic"?
(a) The new train.
(c) Modern weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waiyaki notice that Joshua knows well?
2. What happens when Joshua finishes his sermon?
3. Which of these is not a skill taught to the children?
4. Who is Njeri?
5. What do many Gikuyu people see as a sign of a good teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were parents proud when their child came home with a tear-stained face?
2. Why does Waiyaki become angry with the rain?
3. What arguments does Kabonyi use against Waiyaki at the meeting?
4. What does Waiyaki plan to speak about at the meeting of the parents?
5. What is the overall reaction to Muthoni's death among the people of the ridges?
6. What changes Reverend Livingstone's mind about how to deal with the traditional tribal customs?
7. Why does Waiyaki not feel warm toward Kamau?
8. How does Waiyaki feel about his mother?
9. What vision of the future does Waiyaki see after leaving Joshua's church?
10. Describe the scene Waiyaki walks into in Chapter Fifteen.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)