|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Chege discuss Muthoni's illness?
(a) An elder from Gathanjo.
2. About whom is Waiyaki warned near the end of Chapter Sixteen?
3. What famous quote of Jesus' does Joshua use in his sermon?
(a) "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God."
(b) "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."
(c) "Ask and it will be given unto you; seek and ye shall find."
(d) "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."
4. What happens when Joshua finishes his sermon?
(a) An offering is taken.
(b) The people sing a hymn.
(c) A child is baptised.
(d) There is a recited prayer.
5. What starts off the meeting of the parents?
(a) A celebratory feast.
(b) Proposals for the improvement of the schools.
(c) The children singing.
(d) A sacrifice to Gikuyu and Mumbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the children dismissed from school?
2. What rumor is circulated about Muthoni after her death?
3. Which of these is not an argument made against Waiyaki's plans?
4. Who leads the first split within the ridge people?
5. Whom does Nyambura suspect Waiyaki of planning to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What images come to Waiyaki while he is trying to sleep?
2. Describe the scene Waiyaki walks into in Chapter Fifteen.
3. What is the history of Marioshoni?
4. What is Waiyaki's reaction to Nyambura's not coming to visit?
5. Why does Muthoni think no one from her family comes to see her?
6. Why were parents proud when their child came home with a tear-stained face?
7. Before meeting him at Mukuyu, what is Nyambura's opinion of Waiyaki?
8. What is it that people most admire in Joshua?
9. What news does Waiyaki hear from the Siriana Mission near the end of Chapter Twelve?
10. Describe the new school.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)