|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the circumcisions performed?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In each initiate's hut.
(c) On the river's banks.
(d) Around the main village well.
2. How are the children dismissed from school?
(a) The blowing of a horn.
(b) The striking of a piece of iron on a string.
(c) The beating of drums.
(d) The teachers formally thank the children for coming and are thanked in return.
3. Whom does Nyambura suspect Waiyaki of planning to visit?
4. About whom is Waiyaki warned near the end of Chapter Sixteen?
5. Who visits Waiyaki's hut in Chapter Sixteen?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does Waiyaki see in his mind?
2. What is Waiyaki watching at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
3. Who is weeping at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. Who leads the first split within the ridge people?
5. What does Waiyaki notice that Joshua knows well?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before meeting him at Mukuyu, what is Nyambura's opinion of Waiyaki?
2. What is Waiyaki's relationship with Kabonyi like?
3. Why does Waiyaki not feel warm toward Kamau?
4. Why does Waiyaki become angry with the rain?
5. Why were parents proud when their child came home with a tear-stained face?
6. How does Nyambura feel about Waiyaki at the end of Chapter 17?
7. Describe the new school.
8. What changes Reverend Livingstone's mind about how to deal with the traditional tribal customs?
9. How does Waiyaki feel about his mother?
10. What is the overall reaction to Muthoni's death among the people of the ridges?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)