|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Njeri?
(a) Waiyaki's mother.
(b) Chege's second wife.
(c) Chege's sister.
(d) Muthoni's aunt.
2. With what does Waiyaki become angry near the end of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) The rain.
(b) The idea of having to pay taxes.
(c) Kamau's arguments.
(d) His father's prophecy.
3. Who besides Waiyaki knows the details of the old prophecy?
(a) Reverend Livingstone.
(b) His mother.
4. What is the season of long rains called?
5. Who was the one person Waiyaki felt he'd been able to be emotionally close to?
(a) His young sister.
(c) His father.
(d) Reverend Livingstone.
6. Who tells Waiyaki that Nyambura is beautiful?
(a) His mother.
7. Which of these is not a function of the small building Waiyaki is in at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Waiyaki's office.
(b) Staff room.
(d) Store room.
8. Who does Muthoni say she sees as she is dying?
9. Who leads the first split within the ridge people?
10. Who knows Waiyaki was in Joshua's church?
(a) One of his student's parents.
11. What did Waiyaki propose be built for the school that was opposed?
(a) A well.
(b) A third building.
(d) A garden.
12. What is Waiyaki called by the people?
(a) "The Chosen One."
(b) "The Prophet."
(c) "The Teacher."
(d) "The Leader."
13. What is Nyambura's reason for not going to church in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) She is exhausted.
(b) A fever.
(c) A headache.
(d) A stomachache.
14. What does Waiyaki plan to have the children do the next day?
(a) Rethatch the roof.
(b) Mud the building.
(c) Dig trenches around the school.
(d) Plant a garden.
15. Who dies at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(c) Waiyaki's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had to tell Muthoni's family of her death?
2. Which of these men is not a teacher at the new school?
3. Who tells Muthoni's family about her illness?
4. What does Waiyaki go to get for his father?
5. What rumor is circulated about Muthoni after her death?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)