|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Waiyaki tried to talk to but been unable to voice his thoughts?
(d) His mother.
2. What is given to Waiyaki to cover him after his circumcision?
(a) A tiger skin.
(b) A white sheet.
(c) Wet rags.
(d) A colorful blanket.
3. Who does Waiyaki set off to see in the night?
(b) His mother.
4. Who leads the first split within the ridge people?
5. Who besides Waiyaki knows the details of the old prophecy?
(a) His mother.
(b) Reverend Livingstone.
6. Who does Muthoni most wish to see while she is ill?
7. With whom does Nyambura long to discuss Muthoni's death?
(c) Her aunt.
8. What does Waiyaki wish he could hold close to him?
(a) The river.
(b) The moon.
(c) The memory of his father.
(d) His sister's spirit.
9. Who is weeping at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Waiyaki's mother.
10. What shape does Waiyaki see in his mind?
(a) A fire.
(b) A woman.
(c) A Mugumo tree.
(d) A school building.
11. What does Waiyaki notice that Joshua knows well?
(a) The names of his congregation.
(b) The white man's laws.
(c) The Bible.
12. Who is Njeri?
(a) Muthoni's aunt.
(b) Chege's second wife.
(c) Waiyaki's mother.
(d) Chege's sister.
13. What is a Kiama?
(a) A traditional pilgrimage to the seat of Murungu.
(b) A graduation ceremony.
(c) A council to preserve the tribal customs.
(d) A traditional secondary school.
14. What does Waiyaki plan to have the children do the next day?
(a) Dig trenches around the school.
(b) Rethatch the roof.
(c) Plant a garden.
(d) Mud the building.
15. Who saw Waiyaki in Mukuyu late at night?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Muthoni get to Siriana?
2. Where is Muthoni taken at the end of Chapter Ten?
3. What do many Gikuyu people see as a sign of a good teacher?
4. What gives Nyambura peace?
5. Where does Waiyaki think he will go to get more teachers?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)