|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Joshua finishes his sermon?
(a) There is a recited prayer.
(b) An offering is taken.
(c) A child is baptised.
(d) The people sing a hymn.
2. Who is Nyambura going to see?
(a) Her aunt.
3. Who tells Waiyaki that Nyambura is beautiful?
(d) His mother.
4. Who has Waiyaki tried to talk to but been unable to voice his thoughts?
(a) His mother.
5. What is Waiyaki watching at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Children playing.
(b) The rain.
(c) A ceremonial dance.
(d) An animal sacrifice.
6. With whom is Waiyaki talking when Nyambura passes them?
7. What kind of disease does Chege have?
8. What did Waiyaki forget to preach in Chapter Eighteen?
(b) Expansion of the schools.
(c) Importance of learning.
(d) Purity of the tribe.
9. What did Waiyaki propose be built for the school that was opposed?
(a) A well.
(b) A garden.
(c) A third building.
10. About whom is Waiyaki warned near the end of Chapter Sixteen?
11. What is the name of the new school?
(c) Demi na Mathathi.
12. What do the Gikuyu people see as the white man's "magic"?
(c) Modern weapons.
(d) The new train.
13. Who does Kabonyi wish were in Waiyaki's place?
14. Who saw Waiyaki in Mukuyu late at night?
15. Who is the headmaster of the new school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nyambura's reason for not going to church in Chapter Seventeen?
2. What is it said in Chapter Seventeen that one admired in Joshua?
3. Who besides Waiyaki knows the details of the old prophecy?
4. What does Waiyaki wish he could hold close to him?
5. Who leads the first split within the ridge people?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)