|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Nyambura supposed to meet Waiyaki at the beginning of Chapter Sixteen?
(a) His hut.
(b) The school.
(c) The river.
(d) Joshua's house.
2. Which of these is not an argument made against Waiyaki's plans?
(a) Waiyaki's youth.
(b) A smaller-than-usual expected harvest.
(c) The children weren't really learning.
(d) The new taxes being imposed.
3. What is the season of long rains called?
4. What is Waiyaki watching at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) An animal sacrifice.
(b) A ceremonial dance.
(c) Children playing.
(d) The rain.
5. What happens when Joshua finishes his sermon?
(a) There is a recited prayer.
(b) An offering is taken.
(c) A child is baptised.
(d) The people sing a hymn.
6. With whom does Chege discuss Muthoni's illness?
(c) An elder from Gathanjo.
7. With what does Waiyaki become angry near the end of Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Kamau's arguments.
(b) The rain.
(c) The idea of having to pay taxes.
(d) His father's prophecy.
8. What is Waiyaki called by the people?
(a) "The Chosen One."
(b) "The Teacher."
(c) "The Prophet."
(d) "The Leader."
9. Who is weeping at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Waiyaki's mother.
10. With whom does Nyambura long to discuss Muthoni's death?
(d) Her aunt.
11. What does Waiyaki wish he could hold close to him?
(a) His sister's spirit.
(b) The river.
(c) The memory of his father.
(d) The moon.
12. Where are the circumcisions performed?
(a) In each initiate's hut.
(b) On the river's banks.
(c) Around the main village well.
(d) In the hospital.
13. About whom is Waiyaki warned near the end of Chapter Sixteen?
14. What gives Nyambura peace?
(b) Singing hymns.
(c) The river.
(d) The Bible.
15. Which of these men is not a teacher at the new school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Muthoni most wish to see while she is ill?
2. What did Waiyaki forget to preach in Chapter Eighteen?
3. Which of these is not a reason people came to the meeting at the school?
4. What does Waiyaki notice that Joshua knows well?
5. Who once told Waiyaki that the arm of the white man is long?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)