|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent out to find Muthoni?
2. To what relative does Nyambura suggest Muthoni go to for help?
(a) Their mother.
(b) An uncle.
(c) An aunt.
(d) Their grandfather.
3. What weapon do the two boys use to fight one another?
(a) Only their fists.
4. What kind of animal does Waiyaki sit next to in the thingira at the beginning of Chapter Four?
(a) A cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sheep.
5. What is the name of the mountain Waiyaki and Chege can see in the distance at the end of Chapter Four?
6. What animal makes Waiyaki want to touch their bodies?
7. What year is Waiyaki in at the Siriana school?
8. Which of these is not something Muthoni tells Waiyaki she wants?
(a) A husband for her bed.
(b) For her art to be seen around the world.
(c) To be a woman made beautiful in the tribe.
(d) Children to play around the hearth.
9. From whom does Chege tell Waiyaki that he is descended?
(c) Mugo wa Kibiro.
10. For how long has Nyambura noticed a moodiness about Muthoni in Chapter Six?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
11. What is the name of the river between the ridges?
12. What does Joshua call himself after converting to Christianity?
(a) A reborn man.
(b) Pure and clean.
(c) A child of God.
(d) A new creature.
13. What betrays Chege's age to Waiyaki?
(a) His voice.
(b) His bad eyesight.
(c) His fading memory.
(d) His walk.
14. Where does the relative Muthoni thinks will help her live?
(a) In their village.
(c) Kameno ridge.
15. Who reveals Muthoni's secret?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the ancient seer whisper to his son that salvation would come?
2. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
3. On what night are the social codes relaxed between men and women?
4. What gave Waiyaki a scar above his left eye?
5. Who does Nyambura quote as saying circumcision is sinful?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)