|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did the ancient seer whisper to his son that salvation would come?
(a) The hills.
(c) Across the ocean.
(d) White man.
2. What did the ancient seer call white men?
(a) "People with milk-skin."
(b) "People from the other world."
(c) "People with clothes like flowers."
(d) "People with clothes like butterflies."
3. Which of these is not an adjective used to describe Waiyaki's eyes?
4. What does Waiyaki think his father is blessing as they walk during Chapter Four?
(a) The river.
(b) Their meal.
(c) His son.
(d) The earth.
5. What weapon do the two boys use to fight one another?
(a) Only their fists.
6. What event in Joshua's life brought him peace?
(a) The birth of his first child.
(b) His second-birth ceremony.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His baptism.
7. On what do Nyambura and Muthoni sit while talking at the river?
(a) The grass.
(b) Tree stumps.
(d) Water barrels.
8. What does Chege tell Waiyaki the bark of a certain tree is good for?
(a) A fresh wound.
9. What kind of tree grows near the edge of the sacred hill?
10. What is the meaning of the river's name?
(b) Pure, clean-the-soul.
(d) Cure, bring-back-to-life.
11. What is the name of the Creator who made the first people of the tribe?
12. How many daughters were born to the father and mother of the tribe?
13. Whom is Waiyaki shocked to see at the initiation preparations?
14. What is the name of the river between the ridges?
15. What do the majority of the houses in the village look like?
(a) Log cabins.
(b) Round, thatched huts.
(c) Mud-brick, square structures.
(d) Rectangular buildings with tin roofs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the ancient seer from Kameno?
2. Who was the great warrior who killed a lion by himself as a young man?
3. For how long has Nyambura noticed a moodiness about Muthoni in Chapter Six?
4. Who reveals Muthoni's secret?
5. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)