|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the river between the ridges?
2. What does Joshua blame for the ills of the land?
(a) The white man's interference.
(b) The impending apocalypse.
(c) God's judgment of him.
(d) The blindness of his people.
3. What kind of tree grows near the edge of the sacred hill?
4. What reaction did Waiyaki have that was unusual?
(a) He cried.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He passed out.
5. What does Joshua call himself after converting to Christianity?
(a) A new creature.
(b) A reborn man.
(c) Pure and clean.
(d) A child of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mountain Waiyaki and Chege can see in the distance at the end of Chapter Four?
2. To what relative does Nyambura suggest Muthoni go to for help?
3. What is the meaning of the river's name?
4. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
5. On what do Nyambura and Muthoni sit while talking at the river?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)