|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Gikuyu and Mumbi?
(a) Great warriors of the tribe.
(b) Waiyaki's grandparents.
(c) The first people to settle on the Kameno ridge.
(d) The first people of the tribe.
2. From where did the ancient seer whisper to his son that salvation would come?
(b) The hills.
(c) Across the ocean.
(d) White man.
3. What animal was slaughtered for the ceremony?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A goat.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
4. What does Nyambura see as a bad omen?
(a) An insect landing on Muthoni's hand.
(b) An antelope crossing their path.
(c) Clouds covering the sun.
(d) Muthoni's water barrel rolling down the hill.
5. What is the name of the mountain Waiyaki and Chege can see in the distance at the end of Chapter Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a god worshiped by the Kikuyu?
2. What betrays Chege's age to Waiyaki?
3. In the old saying quoted near the end of Chapter One, what is not for strangers?
4. How many sons does Chege have?
5. What is the name of the Creator who made the first people of the tribe?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)