|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old saying quoted near the end of Chapter One, what is not for strangers?
(a) The coming-of-age ceremonies.
(b) Sharing the tribe's disagreements.
(c) Fruit from the sacred grove.
(d) The oilskin of the house.
2. Who were Demi na Mathathi?
(a) The priests who performed sacred rites.
(b) Giants of the tribe.
(c) Minor gods.
(d) Ancient warriors.
3. What does "tene na tene" mean?
(a) "Under the tree."
(b) "Fight the fear."
(c) "Across the river."
(d) "World without end."
4. Who is sent out to find Muthoni?
5. What gave Waiyaki a scar above his left eye?
(a) A wild goat.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A lion.
(d) A hyena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to bring Muthoni back?
2. What betrays Chege's age to Waiyaki?
3. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
4. What reaction did Waiyaki have that was unusual?
5. Where does the relative Muthoni thinks will help her live?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)