|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joshua's house look like?
(a) A mud-brick, square structure.
(b) A round, thatched hut.
(c) A rectangular building with a tin roof.
(d) A log cabin.
2. Who does Nyambura quote as saying circumcision is sinful?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Reverend Livingstone.
(c) The prophet Isaiah.
(d) Their father, Joshua.
3. Where has Muthoni gone?
(a) To her grandmother's.
(b) To Siriana.
(c) To her aunt's.
(d) To Nairobi.
4. Who were Gikuyu and Mumbi?
(a) The first people to settle on the Kameno ridge.
(b) Great warriors of the tribe.
(c) The first people of the tribe.
(d) Waiyaki's grandparents.
5. Who is sent to bring Muthoni back?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Waiyaki shocked to see at the initiation preparations?
2. To whom are sacrifices made before the initiation season?
3. Who were Demi na Mathathi?
4. What is the meaning of the river's name?
5. What is the name of the Creator who made the first people of the tribe?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)