|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Joshua's life brought him peace?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His second-birth ceremony.
(c) The birth of his first child.
(d) His baptism.
2. What animal was slaughtered for the ceremony?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A pig.
3. What did the ancient seer call white men?
(a) "People with milk-skin."
(b) "People from the other world."
(c) "People with clothes like flowers."
(d) "People with clothes like butterflies."
4. Where has Muthoni gone?
(a) To Siriana.
(b) To her aunt's.
(c) To her grandmother's.
(d) To Nairobi.
5. From whom does Chege tell Waiyaki that he is descended?
(c) Mugo wa Kibiro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the great witch whose magic won him great fame?
2. Which of these behaviors is not one condemned by Joshua?
3. What is the name of the mountain Waiyaki and Chege can see in the distance at the end of Chapter Four?
4. What of Muthoni's seems to hold Waiyaki still in the dance circle?
5. How did Waiyaki feel the morning of the ceremony in Chapter Three?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)