|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Six through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nyambura quote as saying circumcision is sinful?
(a) The prophet Isaiah.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) Their father, Joshua.
(d) Reverend Livingstone.
2. Who were Gikuyu and Mumbi?
(a) Great warriors of the tribe.
(b) Waiyaki's grandparents.
(c) The first people to settle on the Kameno ridge.
(d) The first people of the tribe.
3. Who does Waiyaki see watching him with Muthoni?
(b) His father.
(c) Muthoni's aunt.
(d) His mother.
4. What kind of tree grows near the edge of the sacred hill?
5. What does Joshua's house look like?
(a) A round, thatched hut.
(b) A rectangular building with a tin roof.
(c) A log cabin.
(d) A mud-brick, square structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Waiyaki speak to Muthoni?
2. What does Waiyaki think his father is blessing as they walk during Chapter Four?
3. What rumor circulates about Joshua?
4. From whom does Chege tell Waiyaki that he is descended?
5. Which of these is not used as an instrument during the initiation dances?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)