|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the circumcisions performed?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) Around the main village well.
(c) On the river's banks.
(d) In each initiate's hut.
2. What event in Joshua's life brought him peace?
(a) His second-birth ceremony.
(b) The birth of his first child.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His baptism.
3. What does Waiyaki plan to have the children do the next day?
(a) Plant a garden.
(b) Rethatch the roof.
(c) Dig trenches around the school.
(d) Mud the building.
4. Who sometimes helps Joshua with the Sunday service?
5. Who tells Muthoni's family about her illness?
(a) The tribe's medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it said in Chapter Seventeen that one admired in Joshua?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter Twelve?
3. Who does Nyambura quote as saying circumcision is sinful?
4. Who was the one person Waiyaki felt he'd been able to be emotionally close to?
5. What is a Kiama?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)