|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifteen through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a skill taught to the children?
(a) Foreign language.
(b) Scientific inquiry.
2. What happens when Joshua finishes his sermon?
(a) An offering is taken.
(b) A child is baptised.
(c) The people sing a hymn.
(d) There is a recited prayer.
3. What is Nyambura's reason for not going to church in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) A stomachache.
(b) She is exhausted.
(c) A headache.
(d) A fever.
4. Where does Waiyaki speak to Muthoni?
(a) In the dance circle.
(b) In his father's hut.
(c) During the pre-initiation feast.
(d) In the dark trees.
5. What are the Christians in Makuyu called?
(a) "Men of Joshua."
(b) "Jesus Followers."
(c) "Traitors of Murungu."
(d) "White Gikuyu."
Short Answer Questions
1. On what night are the social codes relaxed between men and women?
2. What famous quote of Jesus' does Joshua use in his sermon?
3. Who had to tell Muthoni's family of her death?
4. How are the children dismissed from school?
5. What of Muthoni's seems to hold Waiyaki still in the dance circle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)