Chapters One through Five
1. What is the name of the river between the ridges?
2. What is the meaning of the river's name?
(b) Pure, clean-the-soul.
(c) Cure, bring-back-to-life.
3. Who was the ancient seer from Kameno?
(a) Mugo wa Kibiro.
4. What did the ancient seer call white men?
(a) "People from the other world."
(b) "People with milk-skin."
(c) "People with clothes like flowers."
(d) "People with clothes like butterflies."
5. Who was the great witch whose magic won him great fame?
(b) Mugo wa Kibiro.
6. Who was the great warrior who killed a lion by himself as a young man?
(d) Mugo wa Kibiro.
7. In the old saying quoted near the end of Chapter One, what is not for strangers?
(a) The coming-of-age ceremonies.
(b) Sharing the tribe's disagreements.
(c) The oilskin of the house.
(d) Fruit from the sacred grove.
8. What weapon do the two boys use to fight one another?
(c) Only their fists.
This section contains 3,443 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)