|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Agajanian live?
2. Who drives Mrs. Ward's Lincoln?
3. How does Jenny react when she learns Ned is in town after college graduation?
4. How does Drew die?
5. What does Mrs. Agajanian do before Ned and Claude sneak out of her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do readers learn about Ned during Jack Ward's funeral?
2. How is the pool table symbolic of the relationship between Ned and Sam?
3. What is the meaning behind Sam and Ned instantly recognizing each other at The Night Owl?
4. How does Mrs. Ward react to Tria and Ned's relationship, and what does this say about her?
5. What does Ned think of the white jewel house?
6. How does Ned's relationship change with the Ward family?
7. How does Ned begin to realize he could easily become like his father?
8. Why does Ned not answer his phone at college?
9. What kind of college student is Ned?
10. What happens with Drew after Jack Ward's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Sam's dying moments with Ned at the VA hospital typical of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What aspects of Sam's mysterious personality appeal most to Ned?
Essay Topic 3
Whom does Jenny love: Sam or F. William Peterson?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)