|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many jobs does Ned hold while he lives with Sam?
2. As Ned works on the book, what does he learn from Mrs. Ward?
3. What does Mrs. Agajanian tell Ned and Claude about her husband?
4. Why does Drew land in jail?
5. Where does Ned sell the golf balls that he retrieves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenny react when Ned arrives in Mohawk after college graduation?
2. Why does Sam continue to believe Jack Ward is lucky?
3. What role does F. William Peterson play in Ned's life?
4. What does Ned think of the white jewel house?
5. What do readers learn about Ned during Jack Ward's funeral?
6. Why does Jenny become so angry when Eileen calls her house to find Ned?
7. What happens when Sam confronts Drew about a missing beer?
8. What is the importance of Drew being Jack Ward's son?
9. What kind of college student is Ned?
10. How does Ned begin to realize he could easily become like his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the book cyclical?
Essay Topic 2
What do Sam's different living arrangements show about his characterization?
Essay Topic 3
What aspects of Sam's mysterious personality appeal most to Ned?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)