|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Drew Littler's condition after Jack Ward's visitation?
2. After graduation, what is Ned's day job?
3. How does Ned and Tria's relationship grow as years pass?
4. What does Andy Winkler do for Sam and Ned?
5. What happens to Ned's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. After their celebratory dinner, what is clear about Jenny's relationship with F. William Peterson?
2. What do readers learn about Ned during Jack Ward's funeral?
3. Why is Ned unsurprised by Sam stealing his money?
4. Why does Ned invited Claude to the country club with him?
5. Why does Jenny become so angry when Eileen calls her house to find Ned?
6. Why is Mrs. Agajanian such a sad character?
7. What does Ned think of the white jewel house?
8. How does Jenny react when Ned arrives in Mohawk after college graduation?
9. How is the pool table symbolic of the relationship between Ned and Sam?
10. Why does Sam continue to believe Jack Ward is lucky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does death play in "The Risk Pool"?
Essay Topic 2
How is Sam's dying moments with Ned at the VA hospital typical of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
How does the setting add to the overall mood of the story?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)