|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Ward refuse to do?
2. After Ned leaves the Ward's house, what does F. William Peterson tell Ned?
3. How does Sam feel about his change meeting with the girl whose accident almost sent him to jail?
4. How does Drew die?
5. Who drives Mrs. Ward's Lincoln?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned think of the white jewel house?
2. What role does F. William Peterson play in Ned's life?
3. What is the meaning behind Sam and Ned instantly recognizing each other at The Night Owl?
4. How does Jenny react when Ned arrives in Mohawk after college graduation?
5. Why does Sam continue to believe Jack Ward is lucky?
6. How is Sam's graduation present for Ned fitting of his character?
7. What happens with Drew after Jack Ward's funeral?
8. How does Ned's relationship change with the Ward family?
9. What kind of life does Claude, Jr. lead?
10. What job is very lucrative for Ned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the book cyclical?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Sam's growth as a father.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Leigh and Ned's feelings toward marriage.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)