|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In February at the Mohawk Grill, what does Sam try to talk Untemeyer into?
2. What does Sam teach Ned at the Mohawk Grill?
3. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
4. In 1959, what have Jenny and Ned stopped doing?
5. Why is Claude friends with Ned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sam infuriate Jenny?
2. What kind of gesture is Sam making by leaving Ned a bag of clothes?
3. How is attending church like drinking for Jenny?
4. Why would Sam leave Ned in the basement?
5. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
6. Why did Sam kidnap Ned?
7. What role does Mrs. Ambrosino play at the church?
8. Why does Ned dislike eating dinner at Eileen's house?
9. What fills a large portion of Ned's summer break?
10. Why does Ned think that Jenny is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting add to the overall mood of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jenny abuse drugs and situations to feed her addictive personality?
Essay Topic 3
What role does gambling play in the novel? Look at characters who are addicted to gambling and how gambling influences their lives.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)