|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Claude friends with Ned?
2. Where does Jack Ward live?
3. What does Sam teach Ned at the Mohawk Grill?
4. Where does Ned like to eat dinner the least?
5. What was Ned doing when Sam kidnapped him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author mean when he writes that "Ned now has about two dozen negligent fathers looking after him"?
2. What fills a large portion of Ned's summer break?
3. What kind of gesture is Sam making by leaving Ned a bag of clothes?
4. What role does Mrs. Ambrosino play at the church?
5. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
6. How is attending church like drinking for Jenny?
7. Why is Claude Schwartz, Jr. friends with Ned?
8. Why does Ned decide not to believe anyone who says his father has left town?
9. How does Ned react when Sam enters his life at age six?
10. What kind of parent does Sam Hall continue to show himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the main theme from the novel? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What lessons does Ned learn from each of his three summer jobs?
Essay Topic 3
What do Sam's different living arrangements show about his characterization?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)