|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam delay the divorce?
2. After filing for divorce, how many years is it before Sam returns to Mohawk?
3. After his conversation with Wussy, what does Ned do in the park?
4. What is the setting of the novel's first chapter?
5. When Ned comes downstairs in the morning after hearing a noise the previous night, what is the person at the kitchen table not wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author mean when he writes that "Ned now has about two dozen negligent fathers looking after him"?
2. Why does Sam infuriate Jenny?
3. Why does Ned become an entrepreneur?
4. How does Ned react when Sam enters his life at age six?
5. How does Ned feel about Jenny and Father Michaels' intimate relationship?
6. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
7. What kind of parent does Sam Hall continue to show himself?
8. How has Sam and Jenny's relationship changed over time?
9. Why does Ned begin to live a double life?
10. Why does Ned decide not to believe anyone who says his father has left town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Jenny abuse drugs and situations to feed her addictive personality?
Essay Topic 2
What role does gambling play in the novel? Look at characters who are addicted to gambling and how gambling influences their lives.
Essay Topic 3
How does the white jewel house symbolize wealth and success in Mohawk?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)