|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam's apartment look like?
2. What story concerning Tree does Ned recollect as he wanders the dark basement?
3. After his conversation with Wussy, whom does Ned see?
4. How does Ned feel after visiting Jenny in the nursing home?
5. What does Sam want to do when he returns home to his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Claude Schwartz, Jr. friends with Ned?
2. What does Ned's eating situation say about his life with Sam?
3. Why does Sam infuriate Jenny?
4. What role does Mrs. Ambrosino play at the church?
5. What kind of gesture is Sam making by leaving Ned a bag of clothes?
6. Why does Ned dislike eating dinner at Eileen's house?
7. What fills a large portion of Ned's summer break?
8. How has Sam and Jenny's relationship changed over time?
9. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
10. What internal conflict begins with Ned concerning his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Sam 'The Risk Pool'?
Essay Topic 2
How is Sam's dying moments with Ned at the VA hospital typical of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
How does the setting add to the overall mood of the story?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)