|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned regularly visit that his mother once told him never to enter?
2. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
3. What is the purpose of "Money People"?
4. When Ned comes downstairs in the morning after hearing a noise the previous night, who does he find at the kitchen table?
5. What was Ned doing when Sam kidnapped him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author mean when he writes that "Ned now has about two dozen negligent fathers looking after him"?
2. How does Ned react when Sam enters his life at age six?
3. What kind of parent does Sam Hall continue to show himself?
4. Why does Sam infuriate Jenny?
5. What sort of relationship does Ned have with Father Michaels?
6. What fills a large portion of Ned's summer break?
7. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
8. Why does Ned decide not to believe anyone who says his father has left town?
9. At the beginning of his stay with Sam, why is Ned uncomfortable?
10. Why does Ned think that Jenny is dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Whom does Jenny love: Sam or F. William Peterson?
Essay Topic 2
What does Ned learn from his experience at the Mohawk Grill?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Leigh and Ned's feelings toward marriage.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)