|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ned leave the white jewel house?
(a) He needed to help Drew.
(b) No one is paying attention to him.
(c) He missed his mother.
(d) Sam called him.
2. When Ned arrives at the Ward's house, who is standing out front?
(a) Mrs. Agajanian.
(c) Jack Ward.
3. What does Ned do with money from his jobs?
(a) He spends it on clothes.
(b) He gives it to his father.
(c) He saves it in the bank.
(d) He never has any money; he only wants money.
4. After the night of Drew's motorcycle accident, who comes to Sam's apartment?
(b) The police.
(d) Mrs. Ward.
5. Who drives Mrs. Ward's Lincoln?
(d) Jack Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Drew die?
2. What does Mrs. Agajanian tell Ned and Claude about her husband?
3. After his college graduation, what does Mrs. Ward want Ned to do?
4. When Sam leaves with the ambulance, with whom does Ned go?
5. As Ned works on the book, what does he learn from Mrs. Ward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of life does Claude, Jr. lead?
2. Why is Ned unsurprised by Sam stealing his money?
3. Why is Mrs. Agajanian such a sad character?
4. What does Ned learn about himself concerning job prospects?
5. What job is very lucrative for Ned?
6. How does Ned's relationship change with the Ward family?
7. What does Ned think of the white jewel house?
8. What is the meaning behind Sam and Ned instantly recognizing each other at The Night Owl?
9. How is Sam's graduation present for Ned fitting of his character?
10. Why does Jenny become so angry when Eileen calls her house to find Ned?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)