|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Mrs. Ward's Lincoln?
(b) Jack Ward.
2. Through his day job, what does Ned learn about Tree?
(a) He divorced his wife and married Alice.
(b) He is still having an affair with Alice.
(c) He left town.
(d) He has fallen in love with his second wife.
3. What does Ned realize on his way home after his night at the Big Bend Hunting Lodge?
(a) He cannot trust his father.
(b) He forgot his duffel bag.
(c) He lost his money.
(d) He should not gamble.
4. How does Jenny react when Ned leaves Mohawk for the second time?
5. What does Mrs. Ward refuse to do?
(c) Enter a bar.
(d) Go to a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned go to college?
2. What happens to Ned one night while he tries to retrieve golf balls?
3. What does Mrs. Agajanian do before Ned and Claude sneak out of her house?
4. Years later, what does Mrs. Ward do with the book that Ned edits?
5. Why does Ned feel sorry for Mrs. Agajanian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job is very lucrative for Ned?
2. Why does Sam continue to believe Jack Ward is lucky?
3. What does Ned learn about himself concerning job prospects?
4. How does Ned's relationship change with the Ward family?
5. Why does Ned invited Claude to the country club with him?
6. Why is Ned unsurprised by Sam stealing his money?
7. What does Ned think of the white jewel house?
8. How is Sam's graduation present for Ned fitting of his character?
9. Why does Ned not answer his phone at college?
10. How does Jenny react when Ned arrives in Mohawk after college graduation?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)