|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned do with money from his jobs?
(a) He spends it on clothes.
(b) He gives it to his father.
(c) He never has any money; he only wants money.
(d) He saves it in the bank.
2. After Ned leaves the Ward's house, what does F. William Peterson tell Ned?
(a) That Sam will pay a heavy fine.
(b) That Sam will go away to federal prison.
(c) That Sam will get community service hours.
(d) That Sam will walk on all charges.
3. After ten years, where does Ned finally see Sam?
(a) A hospital.
(b) His wedding.
(c) A bar.
(d) Jack's funeral.
4. What does Mrs. Ward refuse to do?
(c) Go to a hospital.
(d) Enter a bar.
5. Who drives Mrs. Ward's Lincoln?
(b) Jack Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ned describe Andy Winkler?
2. Where does Ned go to college?
3. How does Mrs. Ward's father's book sell?
4. Years later, what does Mrs. Ward do with the book that Ned edits?
5. How does Jenny react when Ned leaves Mohawk for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. After their celebratory dinner, what is clear about Jenny's relationship with F. William Peterson?
2. What kind of life does Claude, Jr. lead?
3. What do readers learn about Ned during Jack Ward's funeral?
4. What is the meaning behind Sam and Ned instantly recognizing each other at The Night Owl?
5. How is the pool table symbolic of the relationship between Ned and Sam?
6. Why does Ned invited Claude to the country club with him?
7. Why is Ned unsurprised by Sam stealing his money?
8. What role does F. William Peterson play in Ned's life?
9. What happens with Drew after Jack Ward's funeral?
10. What does Ned learn about himself concerning job prospects?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)