|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ned agree to live with Sam for awhile?
(a) Sam lives next to Ned's girlfriend.
(b) Ned needs more freedom.
(c) Jenny is not well.
(d) Ned can work with Sam every day.
2. What does Sam want to do when he returns home to his wife?
(a) Celebrate life.
(b) Settle down with a family.
(c) Attend church.
(d) Find a steady job.
3. Where does Ned like to eat dinner the least?
(c) The Elms.
(d) The Mohawk Grill.
4. Why does Jenny stop taking Librium?
(a) It makes her listless.
(b) It makes her sleepy.
(c) It gives her headaches.
(d) It causes weight gain.
5. After Skinny relays a message to Ned, how does Ned wake the following morning?
(a) Reluctant and scared.
(b) Terrified but eager.
(c) Tired and grumpy.
(d) Excited and runs downstairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ned sure about at his mother's house, but unsure about at his father's house?
2. What does Sam tell Ned about Claude?
3. When does Ned visit his mother?
4. In Ned and Sam's routine, when does Sam return from work?
5. In February at the Mohawk Grill, what does Sam try to talk Untemeyer into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of parent does Sam Hall continue to show himself?
2. Why would Sam leave Ned in the basement?
3. What fills a large portion of Ned's summer break?
4. What bothers Ned about Jack Ward?
5. Why does Ned think that Jenny is dead?
6. At the beginning of his stay with Sam, why is Ned uncomfortable?
7. What do Claude Schwartz, Jr.'s actions say about his personality?
8. What sort of relationship does Ned have with Father Michaels?
9. What role does Mrs. Ambrosino play at the church?
10. What does Ned's eating situation say about his life with Sam?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)