|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition did Sam return Ned to his mother after Sam kidnapped Ned?
(a) Ned is well rested and happy.
(b) Ned is covered in poison ivy.
(c) Ned misses his mother and is crying.
(d) Ned is starving and cold.
2. After Skinny relays a message to Ned, how does Ned wake the following morning?
(a) Terrified but eager.
(b) Tired and grumpy.
(c) Excited and runs downstairs.
(d) Reluctant and scared.
3. In 1959, why does Ned say Jenny has stopped leaving the house?
(a) Because Father Michaels walked out the back door of the church.
(b) Because the town people are too mean to her.
(c) Because Sam never comes around anymore.
(d) Because she cannot find a job.
4. During Father Michaels' troubled Mass, what does Jenny do for the first time?
(a) Donates money to the church.
(b) Receives communion.
(c) Leaves church early.
(d) Says the Hail Mary.
5. What story concerning Tree does Ned recollect as he wanders the dark basement?
(a) Tree and Claude are friends too.
(b) Tree took a roll of admission tickets from the park.
(c) Tree once taught at Ned's school.
(d) Tree lied about his father's whereabouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Ned moves in with Sam?
2. When Ned comes downstairs in the morning after hearing a noise the previous night, what is the person at the kitchen table not wearing?
3. Who invited Father Michaels over to Ned's house for dinner?
4. What is the purpose of "Money People"?
5. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author mean when he writes that "Ned now has about two dozen negligent fathers looking after him"?
2. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
3. At the beginning of his stay with Sam, why is Ned uncomfortable?
4. Why does Ned begin to live a double life?
5. What role does Mrs. Ambrosino play at the church?
6. What does Sam's home say about him?
7. How does Ned feel about Jenny and Father Michaels' intimate relationship?
8. Why does Ned become an entrepreneur?
9. Why does Jack Ward claim that he now has so much money that he does not know how to spend it?
10. What kind of parent does Sam Hall continue to show himself?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)