|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of friends are Ned and Claude Schwartz Jr.?
(a) Poor friends.
(b) Best friends.
(c) Close friends.
(d) They are not friends.
2. When Ned shows his new bike to Wussy, what does Wussy tell him?
(a) Sam is in Alaska.
(b) Ned should leave school.
(c) Sam is in town.
(d) Jenny needs help.
3. Who are Rose's primary clients?
(a) Little old ladies.
(b) Middle-aged mothers.
(c) Old men.
(d) Young teenagers.
4. Why does Jenny stop taking Librium?
(a) It makes her listless.
(b) It makes her sleepy.
(c) It gives her headaches.
(d) It causes weight gain.
5. Why does Sam take Ned to the nursing home to visit Jenny?
(a) To make Jenny feel better.
(b) To satisfy F. William Peterson.
(c) To pay Jenny's hospital bill.
(d) To prove she is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Skinny relays a message to Ned, how does Ned wake the following morning?
2. What is the setting of the novel's first chapter?
3. In Ned and Sam's routine, when does Sam return from work?
4. After Sam realizes he is not the parent young Ned needs, what does Ned want?
5. What place does the organization "Money People" visit most often?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of his stay with Sam, why is Ned uncomfortable?
2. What bothers Ned about Jack Ward?
3. How has Sam and Jenny's relationship changed over time?
4. Why does Drew begin the organization, "Money People"?
5. What does Sam's home say about him?
6. Why does Ned decide not to believe anyone who says his father has left town?
7. Why does Ned think that Jenny is dead?
8. Why would Sam leave Ned in the basement?
9. What fills a large portion of Ned's summer break?
10. Why did Sam kidnap Ned?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)