|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does F. William Peterson move Jenny?
(a) Back to the hospital.
(b) Away from Mohawk.
(c) A stone house on Greenwood Drive.
(d) A better nursing home.
2. What present does Sam buy Ned?
(a) A pool table.
(b) A television.
(c) A car.
(d) A new bed.
3. After Jenny learns Ned is in town after college graduation, where do they go for dinner?
(a) Mohawk Grill.
(b) The Elms.
4. What does Ned do with money from his jobs?
(a) He never has any money; he only wants money.
(b) He spends it on clothes.
(c) He gives it to his father.
(d) He saves it in the bank.
5. What does Mrs. Agajanian tell Ned and Claude about her husband?
(a) He cheated on her and left her no money.
(b) He had a mistress.
(c) He confessed to being gay on his deathbed.
(d) He left her broke.
6. After Ned leaves the Ward's house, what does F. William Peterson tell Ned?
(a) That Sam will go away to federal prison.
(b) That Sam will pay a heavy fine.
(c) That Sam will walk on all charges.
(d) That Sam will get community service hours.
7. Why is Jenny so talkative during dinner after Ned is in town after college graduation?
(a) She dislikes Ned being around F. William Peterson.
(b) She is on a combination of alcohol and Librium.
(c) She has not seen Ned in years.
(d) She is nervous to be with F. William Peterson.
8. How many jobs does Ned hold while he lives with Sam?
9. According to Tria, how will her mother react when she sees Ned leave in the morning?
(a) She will not be home.
(b) She will yell at him.
(c) She will demand he give her answers.
(d) She will pretend not to see him.
10. How does Jenny react when Ned leaves Mohawk for the second time?
11. As Ned works on the book, what does he learn from Mrs. Ward?
(a) She has no plan.
(b) She dislikes Tria.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She has no publisher.
12. After the night of Drew's motorcycle accident, who comes to Sam's apartment?
(a) The police.
(c) Mrs. Ward.
13. What is Ned's fear concerning his father?
(a) That his father will die young.
(b) That his father will remarry Jenny.
(c) That he does not know his father very well.
(d) That he will become his father.
14. What happens to Ned one night while he tries to retrieve golf balls?
(a) The cops almost catch him.
(b) Drew returns to jail.
(c) He almost drowns.
(d) Claude refuses to help him.
15. When Ned arrives at the Ward's house, who is standing out front?
(b) Jack Ward.
(d) Mrs. Agajanian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike react when Ned leaves Mohawk for the second time?
2. What does Ned do with his stolen goods from Klein's Department store?
3. How does Drew die?
4. How does Ned help Tria after the accident?
5. When Sam leaves with the ambulance, with whom does Ned go?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)