|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ned go to pay his respects to the Ward family?
(a) Sam and Eileen.
(b) Drew and Mike.
(c) F. William Peterson and Jenny.
(d) Tria and Mrs. Ward.
2. After dinner when Ned is in town after college graduation, where does F. William Peterson go?
(a) Ned takes him to a bar.
(b) Jenny invites him into the house.
(c) He returns to work.
(d) Jenny dismisses him at the curb.
3. Through his day job, what does Ned learn about Tree?
(a) He divorced his wife and married Alice.
(b) He left town.
(c) He has fallen in love with his second wife.
(d) He is still having an affair with Alice.
4. How does Sam feel about his change meeting with the girl whose accident almost sent him to jail?
(a) Sam is relieved she is not mad.
(b) Sam is happy she is fine.
(c) Sam struggles because he never thought about her once.
(d) Sam struggles because he sees her in a wheelchair.
5. How does Drew react when Ned asks him about Willie Hienz?
(a) With smiles.
(b) With tears.
6. What does Mrs. Agajanian do before Ned and Claude sneak out of her house?
(a) Calls her husband.
(b) Passes out.
(c) Gives them money.
7. After the suicide attempt, why does Ned still hang out with Claude?
(a) Claude is much nicer now.
(b) Claude needs help walking.
(c) So that Claude feels better.
(d) So that Claude's mother can rest.
8. What does Ned realize on his way home after his night at the Big Bend Hunting Lodge?
(a) He lost his money.
(b) He forgot his duffel bag.
(c) He cannot trust his father.
(d) He should not gamble.
9. How does Ned describe Andy Winkler?
(a) A rotund and bald person.
(b) The most harried person Ned has ever seen.
(c) The smallest cop Ned has ever seen.
(d) Silly, with a squeeky voice.
10. From where does Ned retrieve golf balls?
(a) Around town.
(b) The corner of The Elms and Greenwood Drive.
(c) The thirteenth and fourteenth holes of the Mohawk Country Club.
(d) Klein's Department Store.
11. After prison, what does Drew tell Tria?
(a) He knows who stole Jack's car.
(b) They have the same father.
(c) He knows why Jack died.
(d) The family owes Drew money.
12. After college, where does Ned see that his father lives?
(a) In his mother's old house.
(b) At a nursing home.
(c) In a duplex.
(d) Above a jewelry store.
13. Who drives Mrs. Ward's Lincoln?
(a) Jack Ward.
14. How does Ned and Tria's relationship grow as years pass?
(a) They work together.
(b) The relationship grows apart.
(c) They become lovers.
(d) They care for Mrs. Ward.
15. What does Andy Winkler do for Sam and Ned?
(a) Charges them with a lesser charge.
(b) Pays them money.
(c) Gets them out of jail.
(d) Lets them off the hook.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ned works on the book, what does he learn from Mrs. Ward?
2. What happens to Ned one night while he tries to retrieve golf balls?
3. How does Ned help Tria after the accident?
4. How does Jenny react when she learns Ned is in town after college graduation?
5. In Mrs. Agajanian's house, what mistake does Ned make?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)