|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack Ward live?
(a) With Sam.
(b) In the house next to Jenny.
(c) The white jewel house.
(d) Klein's department store.
2. How much money does Ned make at his first job?
(a) Fifty dollars a month.
(b) One hundred dollars a month.
(c) Fifteen dollars a day.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week.
3. What does Sam tell Ned about Claude?
(a) Claude moved away.
(b) Claude was in a motorcycle wreck.
(c) Claude died.
(d) Claude tried to hang himself.
4. What does Sam want to do when he returns home to his wife?
(a) Find a steady job.
(b) Attend church.
(c) Settle down with a family.
(d) Celebrate life.
5. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
(a) The town takes no interest in the situation.
(b) The town sides with Sam.
(c) The town comes to Jenny's aid.
(d) The town gossips relentlessly.
6. Why does Sam take Ned to the nursing home to visit Jenny?
(a) To satisfy F. William Peterson.
(b) To prove she is alive.
(c) To make Jenny feel better.
(d) To pay Jenny's hospital bill.
7. What place does the organization "Money People" visit most often?
(a) Sam's house.
(b) Jenny's house.
(c) The white jewel house.
(d) Rose's Beauty Salon.
8. When Sam kidnapped Ned, what did Ned think they would do together?
(a) Travel the state.
(b) Live with Jenny.
(c) Go for ice cream.
(d) Go fishing.
9. How do Rose's clients enter her salon?
(a) The elevator.
(b) The stairs.
(c) The back door.
(d) The front door.
10. During Ned's first full day of living with Sam, whom does he meet?
(b) Eileen Littler and Drew.
(c) F. William Peterson.
(d) Jack Ward.
11. Where does Ned regularly visit that his mother once told him never to enter?
(a) The park by the school.
(b) The Elms.
(c) The Mohawk Grill.
(d) The white jewel house.
12. How does Sam know Jack Ward?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) The graduated high school together.
(c) They are war buddies.
(d) They worked at Mohawk Grill together.
13. After Sam realizes he is not the parent young Ned needs, how are Jenny and Ned?
(a) They are hopeful.
(b) They are both happy.
(c) They are both depressed.
(d) They are disappointed.
14. What was Ned sure about at his mother's house, but unsure about at his father's house?
15. What kind of friends are Ned and Claude Schwartz Jr.?
(a) Best friends.
(b) Close friends.
(c) They are not friends.
(d) Poor friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the white jewel house?
2. In an effort to replace the Librium, which of the following does Jenny try?
3. Who once held Ned's job?
4. Who begins the organization "Money People"?
5. When Ned comes downstairs in the morning after hearing a noise the previous night, what is the person at the kitchen table not wearing?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)