|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Skinny relays a message to Ned, how does Ned wake the following morning?
(a) Reluctant and scared.
(b) Excited and runs downstairs.
(c) Tired and grumpy.
(d) Terrified but eager.
2. When Ned shows his new bike to Wussy, what does Wussy tell him?
(a) Jenny needs help.
(b) Ned should leave school.
(c) Sam is in Alaska.
(d) Sam is in town.
3. When Sam kidnapped Ned, how long did Ned stay with Sam?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
4. During the kidnapping of Ned, what did Ned lose?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A jackknife.
5. In Ned and Sam's routine, what doe Sam and Ned typically have for dinner?
(a) Hamburg steak dinners at the Mohawk Grill.
(b) Frozen meals.
(c) A catered meal.
6. Why does Sam take Ned to the nursing home to visit Jenny?
(a) To prove she is alive.
(b) To make Jenny feel better.
(c) To pay Jenny's hospital bill.
(d) To satisfy F. William Peterson.
7. In Ned and Sam's routine, when does Sam leave for work?
(a) Sam does not work.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) Late in the afternoon.
8. In 1959, what have Jenny and Ned stopped doing?
(a) Paying bills.
(b) Attending church.
(c) Waiting for Sam.
(d) Dining out.
9. What are meals at the Littler household like?
(a) Calm and peaceful.
(b) Terrible food, but a pleasant atmosphere.
(c) Always on the verge of erupting into a fight.
(d) Fast food, with little table manners.
10. After Skinny relays a message to Ned, how does Jenny begin to act?
11. How does Ned feel after visiting Jenny in the nursing home?
(a) Incredibly better.
(b) Only slightly better.
(d) Upset and hysterical.
12. What is Ned's favorite duty at the church?
(a) Scrubbing floors.
(c) Cleaning the windows.
13. After his conversation with Wussy, what does Ned do in the park?
(a) Throws rocks at a shed.
14. What was Ned sure about at his mother's house, but unsure about at his father's house?
15. What story concerning Tree does Ned recollect as he wanders the dark basement?
(a) Tree once taught at Ned's school.
(b) Tree took a roll of admission tickets from the park.
(c) Tree and Claude are friends too.
(d) Tree lied about his father's whereabouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
2. When Ned comes downstairs in the morning after hearing a noise the previous night, how does he react?
3. When Sam kidnapped Ned, what did Ned think they would do together?
4. Where does Ned like to eat dinner the least?
5. How does Sam know Jack Ward?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)