|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ned feel after visiting Jenny in the nursing home?
(b) Incredibly better.
(c) Only slightly better.
(d) Upset and hysterical.
2. When Ned is twelve years old, what does he enjoy doing in Myrtle Park?
(a) Stealing lunches.
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Talking to girls.
(d) Riding his bike.
3. After his conversation with Wussy, what does Ned do in the park?
(d) Throws rocks at a shed.
4. How much money does Ned make at his first job?
(a) One hundred dollars a month.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Fifteen dollars a day.
(d) Fifty dollars a month.
5. Why is Claude friends with Ned?
(a) Claude cares for Ned when his mother is ill.
(b) Claude enjoys Ned.
(c) Claude steals Ned's money.
(d) Clause can beat him in competitions.
6. Who invited Father Michaels over to Ned's house for dinner?
(b) Father Michaels.
7. What does Sam teach Ned at the Mohawk Grill?
(a) How to play Liars with two dollar bills.
(b) How to evaluate the bartenders.
(c) How to discount food.
(d) How to rig the jukebox.
8. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
(a) The town comes to Jenny's aid.
(b) The town takes no interest in the situation.
(c) The town sides with Sam.
(d) The town gossips relentlessly.
9. While living with Sam, Ned gets his first job. What is it?
(a) Picking up golf balls.
(b) Cleaning Rose's Beauty Salon.
(c) Sweeping Klein's Department Store.
(d) Cleaning his father's apartment.
10. What lie does Ned tell his peers at school concerning his father?
(a) That his father travels the country.
(b) That his father is dead.
(c) That is father is remarried and living in California.
(d) That his father is wealthy.
11. What day does Jenny file for divorce?
(a) The day she brings Ned home from the hospital.
(b) The day she discovers Sam's gambling addiction.
(c) The day after Ned's grandfather's funeral.
(d) The day Sam slaps her for the first time.
12. Where does Jack Ward live?
(a) With Sam.
(b) The white jewel house.
(c) Klein's department store.
(d) In the house next to Jenny.
13. What was Ned doing when Sam kidnapped him?
(a) Catching a ball with friends.
(b) Eating at the ice cream parlor.
(c) Walking from his Aunt Rose's house.
(d) Playing in the park.
14. After Sam realizes he is not the parent young Ned needs, what does Ned want?
(a) To move in with his father even more.
(b) To have his parents together again.
(c) To continue seeing his father.
(d) To never see his father again.
15. What does Ned tell Sam about Rose's business?
(a) It is a front for illegal activities.
(b) It is a thriving business.
(c) It is going under.
(d) The owner's name is not Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Father Michaels' troubled Mass, what does Ned do?
2. When Sam kidnapped Ned, what did they do together?
3. Who once held Ned's job?
4. How does Sam respond when Ned complains about his unethical behavior?
5. What is the setting of the novel's first chapter?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)