|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam want to do when he returns home to his wife?
(a) Attend church.
(b) Celebrate life.
(c) Find a steady job.
(d) Settle down with a family.
2. Why does Ned agree to live with Sam for awhile?
(a) Ned needs more freedom.
(b) Ned can work with Sam every day.
(c) Jenny is not well.
(d) Sam lives next to Ned's girlfriend.
3. When Ned shows his new bike to Wussy, what does Wussy tell him?
(a) Ned should leave school.
(b) Sam is in town.
(c) Sam is in Alaska.
(d) Jenny needs help.
4. What is the setting of the novel's first chapter?
(a) The end of World War II.
(b) The start of World War II.
(c) Present day America.
(d) The end of the Vietnam War.
5. How does Sam delay the divorce?
(a) Sam manipulates the court sytem.
(b) Sam goes to jail.
(c) Sam beats up her lawyer.
(d) Sam leaves town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ned comes downstairs in the morning after hearing a noise the previous night, what is the person at the kitchen table not wearing?
2. What happens as Ned moves in with Sam?
3. What day does Jenny file for divorce?
4. What does Sam's apartment look like?
5. In 1959, why does Ned say Jenny has stopped leaving the house?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)