|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Jenny file for divorce?
(a) The day she discovers Sam's gambling addiction.
(b) The day Sam slaps her for the first time.
(c) The day she brings Ned home from the hospital.
(d) The day after Ned's grandfather's funeral.
2. How much money does Ned make at his first job?
(a) Fifteen dollars a day.
(b) Fifty dollars a month.
(c) One hundred dollars a month.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week.
3. In what condition did Sam return Ned to his mother after Sam kidnapped Ned?
(a) Ned is well rested and happy.
(b) Ned is starving and cold.
(c) Ned misses his mother and is crying.
(d) Ned is covered in poison ivy.
4. What is the setting of the novel's first chapter?
(a) The start of World War II.
(b) Present day America.
(c) The end of World War II.
(d) The end of the Vietnam War.
5. How does the town react to Sam and Jenny's confrontation concerning the kidnapping?
(a) The town gossips relentlessly.
(b) The town comes to Jenny's aid.
(c) The town takes no interest in the situation.
(d) The town sides with Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ned moves in with Sam, what is he very unsure about?
2. When Sam kidnapped Ned, what did Ned think they would do together?
3. When Ned is twelve years old, what does he enjoy doing in Myrtle Park?
4. In Ned and Sam's routine, when does Sam leave for work?
5. What kind of life does Jack Ward currently live?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)