• At the end of World War II, Sam returns from the war. He wants to celebrate life with his wife, Jenny.
• Jenny becomes tired of a wild life and is now pregnant with her son, Ned.
• Sam skips town and does not return to home to Mohawk for six years.
• Ned is a first grader at McKinley Elementary School.
• Ned always tells the other children that his father is dead. Sam shows up at school one day.
• Sam kidnaps Ned and takes his son fishing.
• Ned returns 24 hours later, a mess and crying.
• Jenny starts to suffer from panic attacks.
• Jenny begins attending church instead of taking medicine.
• Ned hangs out frequently at church and becomes close with Father Michaels.
• Ned thinks his father may be returning to him and his mother, but he does not.
• Ned wakes one morning to find Father Michaels...
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)