|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas Collier Platt served as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives during what years?
2. What hunter-conservationist organization did Theodore Roosevelt found in 1887?
(a) The Western Frontier Society.
(b) The National Commission for Ecology.
(c) The Boone and Crockett Club.
(d) The Audubon Society.
3. Who did Theodore Roosevelt campaign for in the 1888 Presidential election?
(a) Cecil Arthur Spring-Rice.
(b) James G. Blaine.
(c) Benjamin Harrison.
(d) Thomas Hart Benton.
4. During what years did William McKinley serve as President of the United States?
5. How many volumes comprised The Winning of the West by Theodore Roosevelt?
6. Where was Maria Longworth Nichols Storer from?
(a) Cincinnati, Ohio.
(b) Portland, Maine.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) New Brunswick, New Jersey.
7. How old was Theodore Roosevelt when he campaigned as the Republican candidate for New York Governor?
8. Where did the Rough Riders receive their horses and equipment for training and preparation during the Spanish-American War?
(a) Fort Pensacola Quartermaster Depot.
(b) Fort Little Rock Quartermaster Depot.
(c) Fort Sam Houston’s Quartermaster Depot.
(d) Fort Bentonworth’s Quartermaster Depot.
9. According to the author in Chapter 27, “The Boy Governor,” Theodore Roosevelt consulted with William McKinley regarding the situation where?
(a) The Philippines.
(c) North Korea.
10. On May 5, 1898, Colonel Wood set up a recruiting table for the Rough Riders next to the bar at what establishment?
(a) The Amigo Motel.
(b) The Menger Hotel.
(c) The Pyramid Park Hotel.
(d) The Patterson Tavern.
11. During what years did Thomas Collier Platt serve as a U.S. Senator?
(a) 1885, 1899-1902.
(b) 1882, 1884-1886.
(c) 1890, 1892-1894.
(d) 1881, 1897-1909.
12. Who were the other Civil Service Commissioners alongside Theodore Roosevelt?
(a) Peter Hart and John James Wilson.
(b) James G. Blaine and William McKinley.
(c) George Edmunds and James Thomas.
(d) Charles Lyman and Hugh S. Thompson.
13. When was Maria Longworth Nichols Storer born?
14. Roosevelt and his men in the Rough Riders departed Tampa for Cuba on what date?
(a) February 15, 1898.
(b) October 27, 1858.
(c) August 14, 1894.
(d) June 13, 1898.
15. Theodore Roosevelt was appointed to the post of Assistant Secretary of the Navy in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maria Longworth Nichols Storer was the founder of what American ceramics company?
2. Within the Republican Party, who feared that nominating Roosevelt for New York Governor paved the way for him as future President, according to the author in Chapter 26, “The Most Famous Man in America”?
3. In Chapter 17, “The Dear Old Beloved Brother” the author describes one final act of President Harrison, which was what?
4. How did Theodore Roosevelt’s wife Edith feel about his potential nomination of Vice President?
5. In his role as New York City Police Commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt enlisted the aid of reporters from what publication?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)