|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, “The Man of Destiny”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what years did William McKinley serve as President of the United States?
2. When Theodore Roosevelt first arrived in Albany as an assemblyman, he was compared by his fellow assemblyman to what contemporary writer of the time?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
3. When was Henry George born?
4. Theodore Roosevelt began courting Edith Carow how long after the death of his first wife, according to the author in Chapter 12, “The Four-Eyed Maverick”?
(a) 20 months later.
(b) 6 months later.
(c) 2 months later.
(d) 4 years later.
5. Where did the Rough Riders receive their horses and equipment for training and preparation during the Spanish-American War?
(a) Fort Little Rock Quartermaster Depot.
(b) Fort Pensacola Quartermaster Depot.
(c) Fort Sam Houston’s Quartermaster Depot.
(d) Fort Bentonworth’s Quartermaster Depot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What university did Theodore Roosevelt attend?
2. On October 28, 1881, Theodore Roosevelt gained a nomination for state senate at what age?
3. On what date was Theodore Roosevelt nominated as the Republican candidate for New York Governor?
4. As acting Secretary of the U.S. Navy, Roosevelt toured what new ship where he heard the cannons fire for the first time, according to the author in Chapter 22, “The Hot Weather Secretary”?
5. What name did Theodore Roosevelt plan to give to the estate that he built on Long Island for Alice Lee?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)