|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, “The Man of Destiny”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years did Theodore Roosevelt hold the position of New York City Police Commissioner?
2. Spain declared war on the U.S. over Cuba on what date?
(a) April 19, 1898.
(b) April 23, 1898.
(c) April 25, 1898.
(d) February 15, 1898.
3. What hunter-conservationist organization did Theodore Roosevelt found in 1887?
(a) The Boone and Crockett Club.
(b) The Audubon Society.
(c) The Western Frontier Society.
(d) The National Commission for Ecology.
4. While searching for the cattle thieves that he believed stole his boat, Theodore Roosevelt met and befriended what famous sheriff of Deadwood, South Dakota?
(a) Thomas Hart Benton.
(b) Seth Bullock.
(c) Joe Ferris.
(d) James G. Blaine.
5. Who did Theodore Roosevelt become friends with during his early career as an assemblyman, who became Roosevelt’s first ally?
(a) George Edmunds.
(b) Isaac Hunt.
(c) Seth Bullock.
(d) Charles Patterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roosevelt and his men in the Rough Riders departed Tampa for Cuba on what date?
2. As Civil Service Commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt confronted what potentially crooked Postmaster General in Milwaukee, according to the author in Chapter 16, “The Silver-Plated Reform Commissioner”?
3. During Theodore Roosevelt’s term as Governor of New York, Mrs. Bellamy Storer solicited him in the help of having what close friend be made a Cardinal?
4. What is the highest mountain in Maine that Theodore Roosevelt set out to climb in his junior year of college?
5. What did Theodore Roosevelt change the name of his estate at Oyster Bay to after the death of his wife Alice?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)