|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, “The Lieutenant Colonel”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Theodore Roosevelt’s brother die?
(a) August 14, 1894.
(b) December 2, 1886.
(c) September 13, 1887.
(d) December 7, 1892.
2. By what nickname was Theodore Roosevelt’s sister, Anna Roosevelt, known?
3. The author states in Chapter 21, “The Glorious Retreat” that Theodore Roosevelt entertained Mrs. Bellamy Storer on the matter of attaining an appointment in what position?
(a) Secretary of the Navy.
(b) Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
(c) Assistant Secretary of the Army.
(d) Assistant Secretary of the Marines.
4. What physical ailment frequently caused problems for Theodore Roosevelt during his childhood?
(c) Crohn’s disease.
5. Where did Theodore Roosevelt, as Assistant Secretary to the Navy, deliver an inciting speech speaking against Japan's presence in the Pacific?
(a) Sandusky, Ohio.
(b) Southport, Florida.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Richmond, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Navy’s battleship explode in Havana Harbor during Roosevelt’s post as Assistant Secretary of the Navy?
2. When was Maria Longworth Nichols Storer born?
3. How many other men also served as New York City Police Commissioners at the same time as Theodore Roosevelt?
4. When was the Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act established?
5. When Theodore Roosevelt returned to Medora in August of 1885, he found who in jail for murder?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)