|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, “The Lieutenant Colonel”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Henry George born?
2. The author estimates Theodore Roosevelt’s losses at Elk Horn ranch to be what percentage in Chapter 15, “The Literary Feller”?
3. Who were the other Civil Service Commissioners alongside Theodore Roosevelt?
(a) James G. Blaine and William McKinley.
(b) Charles Lyman and Hugh S. Thompson.
(c) George Edmunds and James Thomas.
(d) Peter Hart and John James Wilson.
4. At what address did the Roosevelt family live when Theodore Roosevelt was born?
(a) 28 East 20th Street.
(b) 45 West 12th Street.
(c) 6 West 57th Street.
(d) 12 East 30th Street.
5. While searching for the cattle thieves that he believed stole his boat, Theodore Roosevelt met and befriended what famous sheriff of Deadwood, South Dakota?
(a) James G. Blaine.
(b) Seth Bullock.
(c) Thomas Hart Benton.
(d) Joe Ferris.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Navy’s battleship explode in Havana Harbor during Roosevelt’s post as Assistant Secretary of the Navy?
2. In 1886, Roosevelt ran as the Republican candidate for mayor of New York City, portraying himself as what persona?
3. For how many years did Theodore Roosevelt hold the position of New York City Police Commissioner?
4. Who became the primary caretaker of Theodore Roosevelt’s daughter Alice following the death of his first wife?
5. Who won the Presidential election in 1892?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)