|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, “The Lieutenant Colonel”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spain declared war on the U.S. over Cuba on what date?
(a) April 25, 1898.
(b) April 19, 1898.
(c) February 15, 1898.
(d) April 23, 1898.
2. What name refers to Republican political activists that bolted from the U.S. Republican Party by supporting Democratic candidate Grover Cleveland in the Presidential Election of 1884?
3. On what date did Theodore Roosevelt marry Edith Carow?
(a) February 12, 1884.
(b) October 28, 1881.
(c) December 2, 1886.
(d) October 27, 1858.
4. What university did Theodore Roosevelt attend?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Yale University.
5. While on his spring tour honeymoon of Europe with his wife Alice, Theodore Roosevelt learned of whose assassination?
(a) James Garfield’s.
(b) William McKinley’s.
(c) Winston Churchill’s.
(d) Abraham Lincoln’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Theodore Roosevelt’s mother from?
2. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s brother who suffered from alcoholism?
3. What term refers to the practice where a political party, after winning an election, gives government jobs to its voters as a reward for working toward victory?
4. As a New York State Assemblyman, what nickname did Theodore Roosevelt gain for his habit of striking down the bills of others while drafting little legislation of his own?
5. When was Henry George born?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)