|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, “The Lieutenant Colonel”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Theodore Roosevelt visit in Boston after buying Elk Horn ranch in the Dakotas, according to the author in Chapter 11, “The Cowboy of the Present”?
(a) George Edmunds.
(b) James G. Blaine.
(c) Titus Sheard.
(d) Henry Cabot Lodge.
2. How many volumes comprised The Winning of the West by Theodore Roosevelt?
3. In 1883-1884, the topic of the New York Elevated railroad arose and Roosevelt supported a measure to lower the fare from 10 cents to how much?
(a) 3 cents.
(b) 2 cents.
(c) 5 cents.
(d) 8 cents.
4. Who was the major mob boss who was among the first arrested for violating the Sunday Liquor Law under Roosevelt’s service as New York Police Commissioner?
5. By what nickname was Theodore Roosevelt’s sister, Anna Roosevelt, known?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many other men also served as New York City Police Commissioners at the same time as Theodore Roosevelt?
2. At what time does the author describe Theodore Roosevelt as having concluded his hours of handshaking on New Year’s Day in the book’s Prologue?
3. When was Maria Longworth Nichols Storer born?
4. As New York City Police Commissioner, one of Roosevelt's most effective means of rooting out corruption proved to be his own night patrols. The first night, he warned how many delinquent officers of repercussions, according to the author in “Chapter 19, “The Biggest Man in New York”?
5. When Theodore Roosevelt took up sporting with hounds in 1885, he injured himself where on his first trip out?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)