|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, “The Biggest Man in New York”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s wife when he held the office of United States President?
(a) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Susan Elizabeth Roosevelt.
(c) Alice Lee Roosevelt.
(d) Edith Carow Roosevelt.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, “The Honorable Gentleman,” the author describes Theodore Roosevelt returning to Albany to serve his what term as assemblyman?
(a) His fifth term.
(b) His fourth term.
(c) His second term.
(d) His third term.
3. In the winter when Theodore Roosevelt was wooing Alice Lee, he took a vacation to what location in Maine, according to the author in Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”?
(a) Lost Island, Maine.
(b) Island Falls, Maine.
(c) Portland, Maine.
(d) Beaverton, Maine.
4. What refers to a levy on the unimproved value of land only?
(a) Personal value tax.
(b) Land immunity tax.
(c) Land levy accordance.
(d) Land value tax.
5. What was Grover Cleveland’s position when he served a summons to speak with Theodore Roosevelt in Albany in 1883?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) Senator of New York.
(c) Mayor of New York City.
(d) Governor of New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Roosevelt retreat after bribes were placed to block the impeachment of a Superior Court Judge that Roosevelt investigated, according to the author in Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”?
2. What term refers to the widely held belief that American settlers were destined to expand across the continent?
3. On what date did Theodore Roosevelt marry Edith Carow?
4. Theodore Roosevelt began his trip to the Dakota Territory at a rough hotel along the banks of what river, according to the author in Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”?
5. Who did Theodore Roosevelt visit in Boston after buying Elk Horn ranch in the Dakotas, according to the author in Chapter 11, “The Cowboy of the Present”?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)