|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, “The Biggest Man in New York”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Theodore Roosevelt took up sporting with hounds in 1885, he injured himself where on his first trip out?
(a) His neck.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His hip.
(d) His knee.
2. How old was Theodore Roosevelt’s brother when he died?
3. Theodore Roosevelt began his trip to the Dakota Territory at a rough hotel along the banks of what river, according to the author in Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”?
(a) The Arkansas River.
(b) The Klamath River.
(c) The Little Missouri River.
(d) The Colorado River.
4. Who won the Presidential election in 1892?
(a) James G. Blaine.
(b) Isaac Hunt.
(c) Henry Cabot Lodge.
(d) Grover Cleveland.
5. The author estimates Theodore Roosevelt’s losses at Elk Horn ranch to be what percentage in Chapter 15, “The Literary Feller”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
2. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother?
3. What author is mentioned in the Prologue as having remarked negatively about President Theodore Roosevelt’s methodologies and called him “insane”?
4. Who was the major mob boss who was among the first arrested for violating the Sunday Liquor Law under Roosevelt’s service as New York Police Commissioner?
5. Theodore Roosevelt married Alice Lee on his birthday. How old did he turn on that day?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)