|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, “The Biggest Man in New York”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Civil Service Commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt confronted what potentially crooked Postmaster General in Milwaukee, according to the author in Chapter 16, “The Silver-Plated Reform Commissioner”?
(a) George Edmunds.
(b) Seth Bullock.
(c) George Paul.
(d) Frank Hatton.
2. In his role as New York City Police Commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt enlisted the aid of reporters from what publication?
(a) The New York Globe.
(b) The Washington Post.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Post.
3. When Theodore Roosevelt lost the election for New York City Mayor, he rejoiced that at least what friend of his had won a seat in Congress?
(a) Abram Hewitt.
(b) George Edmunds.
(c) Henry Cabot Lodge.
(d) Cecil Arthur Spring-Rice.
4. What was the first work that Theodore Roosevelt published following his first year at college?
(a) Some of the Birds of Oyster Bay.
(b) Hunting Tips of a Ranchman.
(c) A Biography of Gouveneur Morris.
(d) The Summer Birds of the Adirondacks.
5. Before departing the Dakota Territory from his first visit, Theodore Roosevelt purchased what property to use as a cattle ranch?
(a) The Lost Water.
(b) The Indigo Pass.
(c) The Elk Horn.
(d) The Maltese Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Anna Hall Roosevelt die?
2. What name did Theodore Roosevelt plan to give to the estate that he built on Long Island for Alice Lee?
3. Who beat Theodore Roosevelt for the position of Speaker of the New York State Assembly in 1884?
4. Who won the Presidential election in 1892?
5. Where did Roosevelt retreat after bribes were placed to block the impeachment of a Superior Court Judge that Roosevelt investigated, according to the author in Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)