|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, “The Delegate-at-Large”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Theodore Roosevelt and Alice Lee Roosevelt settle in New York after their brief stay at the Roosevelts’ estate on Long Island after their marriage?
(a) Coney Island, New York.
(b) 6 West 57th Street.
(c) The Pyramid Park Hotel.
(d) Richfield Springs, New York.
2. Who did Theodore Roosevelt become friends with during his early career as an assemblyman, who became Roosevelt’s first ally?
(a) Charles Patterson.
(b) Isaac Hunt.
(c) Seth Bullock.
(d) George Edmunds.
3. When Theodore Roosevelt first arrived in Albany as an assemblyman, he was compared by his fellow assemblyman to what contemporary writer of the time?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Oscar Wilde.
4. When was the Pendleton Civil Service Reform Act established?
5. The author describes an incident in Liverpool when Theodore Roosevelt was turned down by a vendor when he went to purchase what substance in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose brother did Theodore Roosevelt purchase the lands in the Dakota Territory that he planned to use as a cattle ranch?
2. Where did Roosevelt retreat after bribes were placed to block the impeachment of a Superior Court Judge that Roosevelt investigated, according to the author in Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”?
3. On what date was Theodore Roosevelt born?
4. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother?
5. While at the 1884 Republican Convention, Theodore Roosevelt learned that who planned to veto several of his bills, according to the author in Chapter 10, “The Delegate-at-Large”?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)