|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, “The Delegate-at-Large”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Theodore Roosevelt enroll to study law after his first marriage?
(a) Columbia School of Law.
(b) Harvard School of Law.
(c) Princeton School of Law.
(d) Yale School of Law.
2. Where did Roosevelt retreat after bribes were placed to block the impeachment of a Superior Court Judge that Roosevelt investigated, according to the author in Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”?
(a) Oyster Bay, New York.
(b) Brighton Beach, New York.
(c) Coney Island, New York.
(d) Richfield Springs, New York.
3. While at the 1884 Republican Convention, Theodore Roosevelt learned that who planned to veto several of his bills, according to the author in Chapter 10, “The Delegate-at-Large”?
(a) Titus Sheard.
(b) Grover Cleveland.
(c) James G. Blaine.
(d) George Edmunds.
4. Who did Theodore Roosevelt hire as a local guide on his first trip to the Dakota Territory?
(a) Joe Ferris.
(b) Charles Patterson.
(c) Isaac Hunt.
(d) John Long.
5. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
(b) Black Beauty.
(d) Golden Rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote “The Saga of King Olaf”?
2. On October 28, 1881, Theodore Roosevelt gained a nomination for state senate at what age?
3. Following the death of his wife and mother, Theodore Roosevelt sold his house and his mother’s and moved his daughter and her caretaker to a smaller place located where in New York City?
4. At what address did the Roosevelt family live when Theodore Roosevelt was born?
5. Who beat Theodore Roosevelt for the position of Speaker of the New York State Assembly in 1884?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)