|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Roosevelt retreat after bribes were placed to block the impeachment of a Superior Court Judge that Roosevelt investigated, according to the author in Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”?
(a) Oyster Bay, New York.
(b) Coney Island, New York.
(c) Richfield Springs, New York.
(d) Brighton Beach, New York.
2. What was the first work that Theodore Roosevelt published following his first year at college?
(a) Hunting Tips of a Ranchman.
(b) A Biography of Gouveneur Morris.
(c) The Summer Birds of the Adirondacks.
(d) Some of the Birds of Oyster Bay.
3. On what date was Theodore Roosevelt born?
(a) February 12, 1840.
(b) October 27, 1858.
(c) October 28, 1881.
(d) October 21, 1841.
4. On October 28, 1881, Theodore Roosevelt gained a nomination for state senate at what age?
5. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother?
(a) Sarah Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Martha Bulloch Roosevelt.
(c) Mary Elizabeth Roosevelt.
(d) Maria Bertrand Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was elected as Speaker in the New York Assembly in 1881 and 1882?
2. Thomas Roosevelt’s family largely spent their summers at an estate located where?
3. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
4. Where did Theodore Roosevelt enroll to study law after his first marriage?
5. What future Secretary of State did Theodore Roosevelt meet in September of 1870, according to the author in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)