|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Theodore Roosevelt become friends with during his early career as an assemblyman, who became Roosevelt’s first ally?
(a) Isaac Hunt.
(b) Charles Patterson.
(c) Seth Bullock.
(d) George Edmunds.
2. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
3. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother?
(a) Martha Bulloch Roosevelt.
(b) Mary Elizabeth Roosevelt.
(c) Sarah Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Maria Bertrand Roosevelt.
4. What university did Theodore Roosevelt attend?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Brown University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. What trademark greeting is Theodore Roosevelt described as having used when shaking the hands of his visitors at the White House in the book’s Prologue?
(c) “Good to meet you!”
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many of his seven subjects did Theodore Roosevelt earn honors at the completion of his freshman year in college?
2. Where did Theodore Roosevelt live while he studied in college?
3. What new hobby did Theodore Roosevelt undertake in 1870?
4. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
5. At what address did the Roosevelt family live when Theodore Roosevelt was born?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)