|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on his spring tour honeymoon of Europe with his wife Alice, Theodore Roosevelt learned of whose assassination?
(a) William McKinley’s.
(b) Winston Churchill’s.
(c) Abraham Lincoln’s.
(d) James Garfield’s.
2. What physical ailment frequently caused problems for Theodore Roosevelt during his childhood?
(c) Crohn’s disease.
3. With what family did Theodore Roosevelt stay in Dresden when his family visited Europe, according to the author in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
(a) The Butler family.
(b) The Horowitz family.
(c) The Minkwitz family.
(d) The Pinkler family.
4. Where did Theodore Roosevelt and Alice Lee Roosevelt settle in New York after their brief stay at the Roosevelts’ estate on Long Island after their marriage?
(a) The Pyramid Park Hotel.
(b) Richfield Springs, New York.
(c) Coney Island, New York.
(d) 6 West 57th Street.
5. Thomas Roosevelt’s family largely spent their summers at an estate located where?
(a) Richfield Springs, New York.
(b) Brighton Beach, New York.
(c) Oyster Bay, New York.
(d) Coney Island, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is cited in the Prologue as having been a fan of Theodore Roosevelt’s and who called him “delightful”?
2. Theodore Roosevelt married Alice Lee on his birthday. How old did he turn on that day?
3. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
4. In how many of his seven subjects did Theodore Roosevelt earn honors at the completion of his freshman year in college?
5. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)