|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Theodore Roosevelt and Alice Lee Roosevelt settle in New York after their brief stay at the Roosevelts’ estate on Long Island after their marriage?
(a) 6 West 57th Street.
(b) Coney Island, New York.
(c) Richfield Springs, New York.
(d) The Pyramid Park Hotel.
2. In investigating corruption in the case of the Manhattan Elevated Railroad and the City of New York, Theodore Roosevelt’s findings demanded further investigation of what two individuals in 1881-1882?
(a) Judge Westbrook and Attorney General Ward.
(b) Judge Jasper and Attorney General Swift.
(c) Charles Patterson and Judge Anderson.
(d) Judge Williamson and Attorney General Smith.
3. At what time does the author describe Theodore Roosevelt as having concluded his hours of handshaking on New Year’s Day in the book’s Prologue?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
4. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
(b) Golden Rod.
(d) Black Beauty.
5. In the winter when Theodore Roosevelt was wooing Alice Lee, he took a vacation to what location in Maine, according to the author in Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) Island Falls, Maine.
(c) Lost Island, Maine.
(d) Beaverton, Maine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Theodore Roosevelt become friends with during his early career as an assemblyman, who became Roosevelt’s first ally?
2. Where did Theodore Roosevelt live while he studied in college?
3. What was the name of the second nature book that Theodore Roosevelt published while he was still enrolled in college?
4. In how many of his seven subjects did Theodore Roosevelt earn honors at the completion of his freshman year in college?
5. On October 28, 1881, Theodore Roosevelt gained a nomination for state senate at what age?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)