|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the winter when Theodore Roosevelt was wooing Alice Lee, he took a vacation to what location in Maine, according to the author in Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”?
(a) Beaverton, Maine.
(b) Island Falls, Maine.
(c) Lost Island, Maine.
(d) Portland, Maine.
2. What was the first work that Theodore Roosevelt published following his first year at college?
(a) The Summer Birds of the Adirondacks.
(b) Hunting Tips of a Ranchman.
(c) A Biography of Gouveneur Morris.
(d) Some of the Birds of Oyster Bay.
3. With what family did Theodore Roosevelt stay in Dresden when his family visited Europe, according to the author in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
(a) The Minkwitz family.
(b) The Pinkler family.
(c) The Butler family.
(d) The Horowitz family.
4. What future Secretary of State did Theodore Roosevelt meet in September of 1870, according to the author in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
(a) Titus Sheard.
(b) Isaac Hunt.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Joe Ferris.
5. What trademark greeting is Theodore Roosevelt described as having used when shaking the hands of his visitors at the White House in the book’s Prologue?
(a) “Good to meet you!”
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is cited in the Prologue as having been a fan of Theodore Roosevelt’s and who called him “delightful”?
2. What university did Theodore Roosevelt attend?
3. Theodore Roosevelt, Senior received an appointment as Collector of Customs to the Port of New York by what U.S. President?
4. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
5. Who did Theodore Roosevelt become friends with during his early career as an assemblyman, who became Roosevelt’s first ally?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)