|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, “The Cyclone Assemblyman”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Theodore Roosevelt plan to give to the estate that he built on Long Island for Alice Lee?
(c) Great Land.
(d) White Cliff.
2. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s wife when he held the office of United States President?
(a) Alice Lee Roosevelt.
(b) Susan Elizabeth Roosevelt.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Edith Carow Roosevelt.
3. What physical ailment frequently caused problems for Theodore Roosevelt during his childhood?
(d) Crohn’s disease.
4. Theodore Roosevelt, Senior received an appointment as Collector of Customs to the Port of New York by what U.S. President?
(a) Grover Cleveland.
(b) James Garfield.
(c) William McKinley.
(d) Rutherford B. Hayes.
5. When Theodore Roosevelt first arrived in Albany as an assemblyman, he was compared by his fellow assemblyman to what contemporary writer of the time?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was elected as Speaker in the New York Assembly in 1881 and 1882?
2. Theodore Roosevelt married Alice Lee on his birthday. How old did he turn on that day?
3. What was the name of the second nature book that Theodore Roosevelt published while he was still enrolled in college?
4. Where did Theodore Roosevelt live while he studied in college?
5. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)