|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first work that Theodore Roosevelt published following his first year at college?
(a) Hunting Tips of a Ranchman.
(b) A Biography of Gouveneur Morris.
(c) Some of the Birds of Oyster Bay.
(d) The Summer Birds of the Adirondacks.
2. The author describes an incident in Liverpool when Theodore Roosevelt was turned down by a vendor when he went to purchase what substance in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
3. In how many of his seven subjects did Theodore Roosevelt earn honors at the completion of his freshman year in college?
4. On what date was Theodore Roosevelt born?
(a) February 12, 1840.
(b) October 28, 1881.
(c) October 27, 1858.
(d) October 21, 1841.
5. What is the highest mountain in Maine that Theodore Roosevelt set out to climb in his junior year of college?
(a) Mount McKinley.
(b) Mount Harrison.
(c) Mount Ozark.
(d) Mount Katahdin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is mentioned in the Prologue as having remarked negatively about President Theodore Roosevelt’s methodologies and called him “insane”?
2. Who wrote “The Saga of King Olaf”?
3. What name did Theodore Roosevelt plan to give to the estate that he built on Long Island for Alice Lee?
4. The Prologue of The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt opens with a detailed description of President Roosevelt greeting guests on New Year’s Day of what year?
5. Theodore Roosevelt, Senior received an appointment as Collector of Customs to the Port of New York by what U.S. President?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)