|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what address did the Roosevelt family live when Theodore Roosevelt was born?
(a) 12 East 30th Street.
(b) 45 West 12th Street.
(c) 6 West 57th Street.
(d) 28 East 20th Street.
2. The Prologue of The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt opens with a detailed description of President Roosevelt greeting guests on New Year’s Day of what year?
3. By what nickname was Theodore Roosevelt’s sister, Anna Roosevelt, known?
4. What physical ailment frequently caused problems for Theodore Roosevelt during his childhood?
(a) Crohn’s disease.
5. Who wrote “The Saga of King Olaf”?
(a) Edith Wharton.
(b) Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many of his seven subjects did Theodore Roosevelt earn honors at the completion of his freshman year in college?
2. What university did Theodore Roosevelt attend?
3. In the winter when Theodore Roosevelt was wooing Alice Lee, he took a vacation to what location in Maine, according to the author in Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”?
4. With what family did Theodore Roosevelt stay in Dresden when his family visited Europe, according to the author in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
5. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)