|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas Roosevelt’s family largely spent their summers at an estate located where?
(a) Oyster Bay, New York.
(b) Coney Island, New York.
(c) Brighton Beach, New York.
(d) Richfield Springs, New York.
2. What physical ailment frequently caused problems for Theodore Roosevelt during his childhood?
(a) Crohn’s disease.
3. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s wife when he held the office of United States President?
(a) Alice Lee Roosevelt.
(b) Edith Carow Roosevelt.
(c) Susan Elizabeth Roosevelt.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
4. At what time does the author describe Theodore Roosevelt as having concluded his hours of handshaking on New Year’s Day in the book’s Prologue?
(a) 3:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 4:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
5. The author describes an incident in Liverpool when Theodore Roosevelt was turned down by a vendor when he went to purchase what substance in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What author is mentioned in the Prologue as having remarked negatively about President Theodore Roosevelt’s methodologies and called him “insane”?
2. On what date was Theodore Roosevelt born?
3. Who wrote “The Saga of King Olaf”?
4. What future Secretary of State did Theodore Roosevelt meet in September of 1870, according to the author in Chapter 2, “The Mind, but Not the Body”?
5. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)