|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theodore Roosevelt, Senior received an appointment as Collector of Customs to the Port of New York by what U.S. President?
(a) Grover Cleveland.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) James Garfield.
(d) Rutherford B. Hayes.
2. As a New York State Assemblyman, what nickname did Theodore Roosevelt gain for his habit of striking down the bills of others while drafting little legislation of his own?
(a) “Ivy League Assemblyman.”
(b) “Cyclone Assemblyman.”
(c) “Wunderkind Assemblyman.”
(d) “Whippersnapper Assemblyman.”
3. In the winter when Theodore Roosevelt was wooing Alice Lee, he took a vacation to what location in Maine, according to the author in Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) Lost Island, Maine.
(c) Island Falls, Maine.
(d) Beaverton, Maine.
4. Who did Theodore Roosevelt hire as a local guide on his first trip to the Dakota Territory?
(a) Charles Patterson.
(b) Joe Ferris.
(c) John Long.
(d) Isaac Hunt.
5. Where was Theodore Roosevelt’s mother from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Theodore Roosevelt live while he studied in college?
2. Theodore Roosevelt began his trip to the Dakota Territory at a rough hotel along the banks of what river, according to the author in Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”?
3. When Theodore Roosevelt first visited the Dakota Territory, what location was used as his base of operations, according to the author in Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”?
4. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
5. In investigating corruption in the case of the Manhattan Elevated Railroad and the City of New York, Theodore Roosevelt’s findings demanded further investigation of what two individuals in 1881-1882?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)