|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas Roosevelt’s family largely spent their summers at an estate located where?
(a) Oyster Bay, New York.
(b) Richfield Springs, New York.
(c) Brighton Beach, New York.
(d) Coney Island, New York.
2. On what date was Theodore Roosevelt born?
(a) February 12, 1840.
(b) October 27, 1858.
(c) October 28, 1881.
(d) October 21, 1841.
3. In the winter when Theodore Roosevelt was wooing Alice Lee, he took a vacation to what location in Maine, according to the author in Chapter 4, “The Swell in the Dog-Cart”?
(a) Beaverton, Maine.
(b) Lost Island, Maine.
(c) Portland, Maine.
(d) Island Falls, Maine.
4. What was the name of the horse that Theodore Roosevelt had sent to Cambridge in order to pursue his courtship of Alice Lee?
(b) Golden Rod.
(c) Black Beauty.
5. When Theodore Roosevelt first arrived in Albany as an assemblyman, he was compared by his fellow assemblyman to what contemporary writer of the time?
(a) Rudyard Kipling.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the second nature book that Theodore Roosevelt published while he was still enrolled in college?
2. What name did Theodore Roosevelt plan to give to the estate that he built on Long Island for Alice Lee?
3. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
4. Before departing the Dakota Territory from his first visit, Theodore Roosevelt purchased what property to use as a cattle ranch?
5. From whose brother did Theodore Roosevelt purchase the lands in the Dakota Territory that he planned to use as a cattle ranch?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)