|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theodore Roosevelt’s first trip to the Dakota Territory began at what rough establishment described as a room full of cots in Chapter 8, “The Dude from New York”?
(a) The Myriam Hotel.
(b) The Jackson Cliff Tavern.
(c) The Pyramid Park Hotel.
(d) The White Horse Tavern.
2. What was the first work that Theodore Roosevelt published following his first year at college?
(a) Hunting Tips of a Ranchman.
(b) The Summer Birds of the Adirondacks.
(c) A Biography of Gouveneur Morris.
(d) Some of the Birds of Oyster Bay.
3. As a New York State Assemblyman, what nickname did Theodore Roosevelt gain for his habit of striking down the bills of others while drafting little legislation of his own?
(a) “Whippersnapper Assemblyman.”
(b) “Wunderkind Assemblyman.”
(c) “Ivy League Assemblyman.”
(d) “Cyclone Assemblyman.”
4. What was the name of Theodore Roosevelt’s mother?
(a) Sarah Eleanor Roosevelt.
(b) Mary Elizabeth Roosevelt.
(c) Maria Bertrand Roosevelt.
(d) Martha Bulloch Roosevelt.
5. Before departing the Dakota Territory from his first visit, Theodore Roosevelt purchased what property to use as a cattle ranch?
(a) The Indigo Pass.
(b) The Lost Water.
(c) The Elk Horn.
(d) The Maltese Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Theodore Roosevelt graduate magna cum laude from college?
2. Theodore Roosevelt, Senior received an appointment as Collector of Customs to the Port of New York by what U.S. President?
3. Where did Theodore Roosevelt live while he studied in college?
4. From whose brother did Theodore Roosevelt purchase the lands in the Dakota Territory that he planned to use as a cattle ranch?
5. What was the name of the second nature book that Theodore Roosevelt published while he was still enrolled in college?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)