|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, “The Silver-Plated Reform Commissioner”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Theodore Roosevelt’s mother die of on the same day that his wife died?
(a) A brain aneurysm.
(b) Bright’s disease.
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Typhoid fever.
2. While searching for the cattle thieves that he believed stole his boat, Theodore Roosevelt met and befriended what famous sheriff of Deadwood, South Dakota?
(a) Thomas Hart Benton.
(b) Joe Ferris.
(c) Seth Bullock.
(d) James G. Blaine.
3. Who were the other Civil Service Commissioners alongside Theodore Roosevelt?
(a) Charles Lyman and Hugh S. Thompson.
(b) George Edmunds and James Thomas.
(c) James G. Blaine and William McKinley.
(d) Peter Hart and John James Wilson.
4. What university did Theodore Roosevelt attend?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) Rutgers University.
5. Who did Theodore Roosevelt become friends with during his early career as an assemblyman, who became Roosevelt’s first ally?
(a) Charles Patterson.
(b) George Edmunds.
(c) Isaac Hunt.
(d) Seth Bullock.
Short Answer Questions
1. A severe U.S. winter in 1886-1887 wiped out most of Theodore Roosevelt’s herd of cattle and his investments of how much at Elk Horn ranch?
2. Who were the cattle thieves suspected of stealing Roosevelt’s boat at Elk Horn ranch that Roosevelt tracked down?
3. As Civil Service Commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt confronted what potentially crooked Postmaster General in Milwaukee, according to the author in Chapter 16, “The Silver-Plated Reform Commissioner”?
4. In investigating corruption in the case of the Manhattan Elevated Railroad and the City of New York, Theodore Roosevelt’s findings demanded further investigation of what two individuals in 1881-1882?
5. Where did Theodore Roosevelt live while he studied in college?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)