|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Silas Lapham accuse Milton Rogers of being?
(a) A fraud.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A thief.
2. Who does Silas Lapham want to talk with his wife about in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Milton Rogers.
(b) Bromfield Corey.
(c) Jim Millon.
3. What is Silas Lapham's response when Persis asks him who Mrs. M is?
(a) He says it's an employee.
(b) He says it's an old school friend.
(c) He says he doesn't know what she means.
(d) He says it's his girlfriend.
4. When Silas Lapham visits his new house, what does he do there?
(a) Has trysts with Zerilla.
(b) Builds a fire to try the chimney.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Reads a book.
5. With what does Persis Lapham worry Irene will wear herself out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Silas Lapham have to sell because of the financial trouble he is into with Rogers?
2. What happens to the new house in Chapter Twenty Four?
3. With what keen sense does Nanny Corey read novels?
4. What novel do Tom Corey and Penelope discuss when Tom sees that Penelope is reading it?
5. When Lapham apologizes to Tom Corey at the office after the Coreys' dinner party for his behavior at the party, what does Tom blame for the incident?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)