|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nanny Corey think the novel discussed at her family's dinner party should have been called?
(a) Slop, Silly Slop.
(b) Heaven, Sweet Heaven.
(c) Sin, Blatant Sin.
(d) Boredom, Eternal Boredom.
2. At the beginning of Chapter Twenty Four, who tells Tom Corey how bad Silas Lapham's business troubles are?
(a) James Bellingham, Tom's maternal uncle.
(b) Silas Lapham.
(d) Bromfield Corey.
3. Why does Penelope greet Tom Corey when he visits her home in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Irene is ill.
(b) Irene sends her downstairs as an emissary.
(c) Tom asks for her.
(d) Her father is not home at the time.
4. When Milton Rogers comes to visit Silas Lapham at the office in Chapter Twenty One and says he thought the railroad would pay a fair price for the mills, what does Lapham accuse Rogers of doing?
(a) Trying to steal Persis from him.
(b) Trying to marry Irene.
(d) Trying to ru in his business.
5. How does the elegant and classically designed Corey home seem to the Laphams when they enter it?
(a) Overly fancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what keen sense does Nanny Corey read novels?
2. What has the competition found that allows them to undersell Silas Lapham?
3. To where does Persis Lapham take Irene at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
4. Who says she will never live in the Lapham's new house on Back Bay?
5. What advice is given to Silas and Persis Lapham at the end of Chapter Eighteen to handle the situation with Tom Corey?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)