Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Corey try unsuccessfully to convince Penelope of at the end of Chapter Nineteen?
(a) That Irene is going to find another lover.
(b) That he and she have done nothing wrong.
(c) That their families have a lot in common.
(d) That his parents will accept her.
2. Who tells Irene the truth about Tom Corey's feelings for her?
(a) Persis Lapham.
(c) Silas Lapham.
(d) Tom Corey.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the decision Silas Lapham comes to regarding the potential buyers of the mills?
(a) They won't want to buy if he does tell them about the G.L.P.
(b) He can't sell to them without telling them about the G.L.P.
(c) He would be as bad as Rogers if he sold to them.
(d) He will not tell them about the G.L.P.
4. To where does Persis Lapham take Irene at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
(c) The family farm in Vermont.
5. Why does Silas Lapham decide not to sell his new house?
(a) He thinks Persis likes the house.
(b) It symbolizes his success.
(c) He decides to buy out the West Virginia company instead.
(d) He likes the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Persis Lapham worry Irene will wear herself out?
2. Which guest at the Coreys' dinner party thinks novels are "psychical suicide" and give too much importance to love, love-making, and marriage?
3. Who does Persis Lapham find crying in Chapter Seventeen?
4. In their determination not to be the first guests to arrive at the Coreys' dinner party, what do the Laphams end up being?
5. What does Persis Lapham fret about after receiving Anna Corey's dinner invitation?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)