|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Tom Corey have in Chapter Twenty One?
(b) A broken leg.
(c) An earache.
(d) A headache.
2. How long does Silas Lapham travel out west at the beginning of Chapter Twenty One?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
3. With whom does Silas Lapham suggest he and his wife discuss the matter of Tom Corey's relationship with their daughters?
(a) Mr. Sewell.
(b) Milton Rogers.
(c) Bromfield Corey.
(d) Anna Corey.
4. What novel do the guests at the Coreys' dinner party discuss?
(a) David Copperfield.
(c) Tom Sawyer.
(d) Tears, Idle Tears.
5. Who does Persis Lapham find crying in Chapter Seventeen?
(b) Tom Corey.
(d) Nanny Corey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Penelope greet Tom Corey when he visits her home in Chapter Sixteen?
2. Who does Tom Corey tell Penelope he loves?
3. To where does Persis Lapham take Irene at the beginning of Chapter Twenty?
4. Who sends Irene the Texas newspaper clipping she thought had come from Tom Corey?
5. What does Silas Lapham decide to shut down in Chapter Twenty Three?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)