|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, what do the Corey sisters bring back from their summer vacation?
(a) Cases of the measles.
(b) Studies of kelp & toadstools, rocks & rotten logs.
(c) A new housemaid.
(d) New wardrobes.
2. What physical ailment does Tom Corey have in Chapter Twenty One?
(a) An earache.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A headache.
3. Who does Milton Rogers claim might want to buy the mills?
(a) The Coreys.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) An Italian.
(d) Some English investors.
4. Why does Penelope greet Tom Corey when he visits her home in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Irene is ill.
(b) Tom asks for her.
(c) Irene sends her downstairs as an emissary.
(d) Her father is not home at the time.
5. Which of the following statements is not something Tom Corey is told about Lapham's paint business in Chapter Twenty One?
(a) No wages have ever been cut before at Lapham's.
(b) Other paint companies are decreasing production.
(c) It is prospering.
(d) The fire's never been out in the works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defends Milton Rogers to Silas Lapham and refuses to believe Rogers is the swindler he seems to be?
2. Who saves Lapham's life during the Civil War by taking a bullet meant for Lapham?
3. What does Silas Lapham accuse Milton Rogers of being?
4. What collateral of Milton Rogers's is Silas Lapham going to sell for what they will fetch in the market?
5. What does Irene buy at the apothecary?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)