|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV and XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna Corey's reaction when her husband Bromfield tells her their son has decided to join Silas Lapham's paint business?
(a) She is elated Tom will be doing honest work.
(b) She faints.
(c) She insists Bromfield should have stopped the boy.
(d) She demands that Tom leave Lapham's employ at once.
2. Who saves Lapham's life during the Civil War by taking a bullet meant for Lapham?
(a) Jim Millon.
(b) Milton Rogers.
(c) Bromfield Corey.
(d) Persis Lapham's father, George.
3. What physical ailment has Irene developed in Chapter Six?
(a) A cold.
(b) A headache.
(c) A broken arm.
4. Which relative has Tom Corey consulted in addition to his father about the merits of joining Lapham's mineral paint business?
(a) His maternal Uncle Jim.
(b) His paternal grandfather.
(c) His maternal grandmother.
(d) His sister nanny.
5. What does Nanny Corey think the novel discussed at her family's dinner party should have been called?
(a) Sin, Blatant Sin.
(b) Boredom, Eternal Boredom.
(c) Heaven, Sweet Heaven.
(d) Slop, Silly Slop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business idea does Tom Corey propose to Silas Lapham that meets with Lapham's approval?
2. Which guest at the Coreys' dinner party thinks novels are "psychical suicide" and give too much importance to love, love-making, and marriage?
3. On what street do the Coreys live?
4. What does Silas Lapham wear to the Corey dinner that no other man there wears?
5. What does Charles Bellingham say is the most popular thing to put into a novel?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)