|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV and XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hasn't Bromfield Corey seen Bartley Hubbard's article in The Events about Silas Lapham?
(a) Bromfield only reads the society page.
(b) Bromfield has been out of the country.
(c) Bromfield only reads the Daily Adviser.
(d) Bromfield is illiterate.
2. What have the Corey ladies lost when they first meet the Laphams?
(a) A blue plumed hat.
(b) A diamond pendant.
(c) A gold pocket watch.
(d) Some of their luggage.
3. What is Anna Corey's reaction when her husband Bromfield tells her their son has decided to join Silas Lapham's paint business?
(a) She demands that Tom leave Lapham's employ at once.
(b) She insists Bromfield should have stopped the boy.
(c) She faints.
(d) She is elated Tom will be doing honest work.
4. Who drinks too much at the Coreys' dinner party and begins to brag as a result?
(a) Charles Bellingham.
(b) Miss Kingsbury.
(c) Silas Lapham.
(d) Irene Lapham.
5. What does Tom Corey overhear Silas Lapham advising his pretty typist to do?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Try his family doctor for her insomnia.
(c) Get a new job.
(d) Move to a new part of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silas Lapham decide to build a new more fashionable home?
2. Why does Anna Corey think Tom's marriage to Irene Lapham would be worse than his joining the Lapham paint business?
3. Why does Persis Lapham call her husband the Colonel?
4. Who meets the boat with a carriage and driver to take Silas Lapham and Tom Corey home?
5. Why does Bromfield not think Tom will stick with the paint business long?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)