|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aenea carry within her as a result of being the offspring of a human and a Core cybrid?
2. Who came to the Renaissance Vector?
3. What is the Cantos?
4. Who assigns DeSoya to a different outpost?
5. According to Aenea, what is the name of the mountain that is to be sought out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rachel Weintraub?
2. What happens to Raul at the Temple Hanging in the Air?
3. Describe the Taliesin West in Chapter 2.
4. Describe Raul and Aenea's dream conversations in Chapter 8.
5. According to Raul, what does Father Clifton's doctrine prompt?
6. Who is Raul?
7. Describe how Simmons gives unusual attention to the environment of the mountains at the Temple Hanging in the Air.
8. Why is Lenar Hoyt significant?
9. What happens to Raul in Lock Childe Lamonde?
10. What is the Shrike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Isosaki's leadership of the Pax Mercantilus reflective of a writing flaw in Simmon's writing? Why does it prove such flawed development?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Aenea's remembering the future is different from her seeing it or predicting it.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how the Core's foreshadowing of DeSoya's involvement in capturing Aenea is flawed with prognostication in that they did not foresee the reaction to the event.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)