|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raul paddle his boat after he leaves Lock Childe Lamonde.
2. What is on Isosaki's heir and apprentice's chest?
3. What does Simmons spend a great deal of time describing in Chapter 16?
4. What river does Raul paddle down in Chapter 6 through the Arch of the West?
5. What happens to Raul after he drank water upon arriving to Lock Childe Lamonde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the beginning of the Pax's raids in Chapter 9.
2. What is Cor Unum in charge of?
3. What happens to Raul at the Temple Hanging in the Air?
4. What is ironic about Raul's affliction?
5. According to Raul, what does Father Clifton's doctrine prompt?
6. Describe the Core's loyalty to the Church.
7. What does Aenea describe to Raul once they arrive in Hannibal, Missouri?
8. What is needed to make the cruciforms work properly?
9. What is used to distract Raul's escape from Lock Childe Lamonde?
10. What sends Raul into free fall again in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain Aenea and Raul's developing sexual romance from the initial moment of intimate connection to the events at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and discuss the significance and importance of Aenea's duality of teaching. What does her teaching suggest about her role in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain the several layers of the Pope's deception and betrayal in his dealings with Mustafa.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)