|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Raul have a series of dream conversations?
2. Who is DeSoya reunited with at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Where does the drop ship take its travelers in Chapter 4?
4. What planet does the Shrike invade?
5. What is the name of the nearby galaxy led by the alien force named?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Raul, what does Father Clifton's doctrine prompt?
2. Describe the Taliesin West in Chapter 2.
3. Describe Raul and Aenea's dream conversations in Chapter 8.
4. Why is Corporal Bassin Kee tortured in Chapter 3?
5. What is ironic about Raul's affliction?
6. What is needed to make the cruciforms work properly?
7. What happens to Raul at the Temple Hanging in the Air?
8. What is used to distract Raul's escape from Lock Childe Lamonde?
9. What is Task Force GIDEON?
10. Describe Captain DeSoya.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and describe how Aenea's final actions reflect her desire to live her final moments fully.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and describe the conflict in Raul's feeling of failure when he could not save Aenea, although she had it planned that way from the beginning.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Aenea's remembering the future is different from her seeing it or predicting it.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)