|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nearby galaxy led by the alien force named?
(a) The Roarers.
(b) The Bearclaws.
(c) The Tigers.
(d) The Lions, Tigers, and Bears.
2. Who is summoned against Raul's wishes when he is ill?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A midwife.
(c) A Pax doctor and priest.
(d) A woman.
3. Raul calculates that ______________ are unaccounted for.
(a) 22 months.
(b) 23 months.
(c) 21 months.
(d) 24 months.
4. Who learns that Raul is on the planet from the Pax?
(d) Nemes and her cyborgs.
5. According to Albedo's claim, who is responsible for placing the non-Christians into stasis?
(a) The Core.
(b) The Pax.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Shrike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Raul after he drank water upon arriving to Lock Childe Lamonde?
2. What planet does the Shrike invade?
3. What does Raul realize is not endless in Chapter 12?
4. Who is M. Anna Pelli Cognani?
5. How many steps are needed for humans to take to move on to their next stage of evolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Shrike?
2. What is Cor Unum in charge of?
3. Describe Raul and Aenea's dream conversations in Chapter 8.
4. Why is Corporal Bassin Kee tortured in Chapter 3?
5. What is used to distract Raul's escape from Lock Childe Lamonde?
6. Describe Captain DeSoya.
7. What happens as Raul enters the farcaster?
8. What is ironic about Raul's affliction?
9. What happens to Isosaki when he discusses the meeting of the Core with Cognani?
10. Describe how Simmons gives unusual attention to the environment of the mountains at the Temple Hanging in the Air.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)