|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels on the drop ship to Old Earth?
(a) DeSoya and Raul.
(b) Raul and Aenea.
(c) Raul and Hoyt.
(d) Aeana and DeSoya.
2. Who rips off the cyborg's head and tosses it into the river at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) The Shrike.
3. With whom does Raul have a series of dream conversations?
(b) The Core.
4. What is the name of the compound created for architectural students called?
(a) Taliesin West.
(b) Tahitian West.
(c) Tahiti Miti.
(d) Talisein East.
5. What is the name of the person who diagnosis Raul's illness?
(a) Dr. Molino.
(b) Dr. Molina.
(c) Dr. Molly.
(d) Dr. Milano.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have elapsed between Part 1 and Part 2 in "The Rise of Endymion"?
2. What is Task Force GIDEON?
3. What does Raul realize is not endless in Chapter 12?
4. Who orders the actions for the bodies to be moved into Stasis?
5. Who is responsible for extracting every piece of the cruciform from the victim's body in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Shrike do to every one of its victims' bodies?
2. Whom does Kenso Isosaki want destroyed and why?
3. Why is Raul assigned a guard to watch over him when he falls ill?
4. According to Raul, what does Father Clifton's doctrine prompt?
5. How is Isosaki's group, Pax Mercantilus, demonstrative of a writing flaw in Simmon's writing?
6. What is ironic about Raul's affliction?
7. What sends Raul into free fall again in Chapter 12?
8. What happens as Raul enters the farcaster?
9. Why is Lenar Hoyt significant?
10. Describe the beginning of the Pax's raids in Chapter 9.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)