|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who awakens Raul to inform him they just arrived on a drop ship in Chapter 10?
(c) Dem Ria.
2. How many steps are needed for humans to take to move on to their next stage of evolution?
3. What are the ship captains shown pictures of that they will be destroying?
(a) The Consul's yacht.
(b) The Consul's plane.
(c) The Consul's house.
(d) The Consul's ship.
4. What does Simmons spend a great deal of time describing in Chapter 16?
(a) Temple Hanging in the Air.
(c) T'ien Shan.
5. Who rips off the cyborg's head and tosses it into the river at the end of Chapter 11?
(d) The Shrike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Raul paddle down in Chapter 6 through the Arch of the West?
2. What is Task Force GIDEON?
3. What is the name of the person who diagnosis Raul's illness?
4. What happens to Raul as he travels further down the river?
5. How many years before was the person Raul meets at the Temple Hanging in the Air born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Task Force GIDEON?
2. What is needed to make the cruciforms work properly?
3. What is used to distract Raul's escape from Lock Childe Lamonde?
4. Describe how Simmons gives unusual attention to the environment of the mountains at the Temple Hanging in the Air.
5. What sends Raul into free fall again in Chapter 12?
6. Describe what Raul calculates in Chapter 16.
7. What is the Shrike?
8. Describe the beginning of the Pax's raids in Chapter 9.
9. Describe the Core's loyalty to the Church.
10. According to Raul, what does Father Clifton's doctrine prompt?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)