|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Mustafa and Father Farrell torture for information?
(a) Captain Bassin Kee.
(b) Corporal Bassin Kee.
(c) Captain DeSoya.
(d) Corporal DeSoya.
2. Who is responsible for extracting every piece of the cruciform from the victim's body in Chapter 9?
(a) Nemes and her cyborgs.
(b) The Shrike.
3. What is the name of the compound created for architectural students called?
(a) Taliesin West.
(b) Talisein East.
(c) Tahitian West.
(d) Tahiti Miti.
4. What planet does the Shrike invade?
5. What is Task Force GIDEON?
(a) A religious idea.
(b) A Church cult.
(c) A series of raids to destroy Outer Systems.
(d) A commune.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Pope Julius XIV died according to Chapter 1?
2. With whom does Raul have a series of dream conversations?
3. What happens to Raul after he drank water upon arriving to Lock Childe Lamonde?
4. DeSoya rightly suspects that ____________ is a spy.
5. What is A. Bettik?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rachel Weintraub?
2. How is Isosaki's group, Pax Mercantilus, demonstrative of a writing flaw in Simmon's writing?
3. What is Task Force GIDEON?
4. Describe Captain DeSoya.
5. Describe the beginning of the Pax's raids in Chapter 9.
6. According to Raul, what does Father Clifton's doctrine prompt?
7. What is ironic about Raul's affliction?
8. What happens to Raul at the Temple Hanging in the Air?
9. What is Cor Unum in charge of?
10. Describe what Raul calculates in Chapter 16.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)