|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took charge of the rebelling ships and began defending the Startree?
2. What does Aenea give Raul in a vial?
(a) A virus.
(b) A cure for the Core.
(c) An antidote to the Pax's birth control.
(d) Her blood.
3. What is Aenea aware of about her fate?
(a) She is about to defeat the Shrike.
(b) She is about to be defeated by the Shrike.
(c) Her time to attack is near.
(d) Her time is drawing to its end.
4. What is the name of the empathetic link to humanity that the Core created?
(a) Jon Keets.
(b) Jon Kats.
(c) John Keats.
(d) John Kets.
5. What does the consul ship take a tour of in Chapter 26?
(a) The Starbranch.
(b) The Starbush.
(c) The Stargazer.
(d) The Startree.
6. For whom does Aenea call the auto surgeon?
7. What do the people of the Temple Hanging in the Air watch?
(a) The Core's deception.
(b) The reentry and destruction of a starship.
(c) The invasion of the Shrike.
(d) A massacre.
8. What linked all human transports between worlds?
(a) Two small doors.
(b) Three windows.
(c) One tiny opening that the Core managed.
(d) One small tunnel.
9. Who gives the information that four of the Raphael's crew have survived?
10. Who is with Aenea as the palace guards intercept the assassins?
(c) The Core.
(d) The Dalia Lama.
11. How does Aenea desire to live her final moments?
(a) Like they are her last.
(b) Like they are her first.
(c) Like they will be saved forever.
(d) Like they are her only.
12. Who is playing chess in Raul's vision in Chapter 32?
(a) Keats cybrid and Isosaki.
(b) Keats cybrid and Aenea.
(c) Keats cybrid and himself.
(d) Keats cybrid and the Consul.
13. What did Sol Weintraub offer his disciples?
(a) His money.
(b) His blood.
(c) His loyalty.
(d) His love.
14. Whom does the Pope intend to put into stasis to control any possible contagions?
(b) The entire T'ien Shan population.
(c) All non-Christian humans.
(d) The Church.
15. Whose arrival causes everyone to flee in Chapter 19?
(a) A. Bettik's.
(b) The Core's.
(c) The Church's.
(d) The Shrike's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Void Which Binds?
2. What is the name of Rachel's home planet?
3. Raul has returned to Pacem to get _____________to take back with him.
4. What mode of transportation does Aenea use in Chapter 28?
5. Where is Raul orbiting when he wakes up after he and Aenea interrupt mass?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)