• Aenea, Raul Endymion and the android A Bettik have all escaped from the Core assassin Rhadamanth Nemes.
• They are living on Old Earth which was transported to a nearby galaxy by the alien forces Lions, Tigers, and Bears.
• Aenea works for a compound of students called the Taliesin West, which used to be New Mexico.
• Captain DeSoya helped Aenea to escape the grasp of God's Grove.
• Lenar Hoyt, called Pope Julius XIV ,dies for the ninth time in Chapter 1.
• The Raphael ship arrives in God's Grove carrying three Core cyborg assassins and they are told to find and kill Aenea.
• Both the Pope and Father Paul Dure awake from resurrection.
• The Taliesin West looks for Aenea for leadership in Chapter 2.
• Aenea sends Raul away from the community alone.
• Grand Inquisitor Mustafa and Father Farrell torture Corporal Bassin Kee for information on why DeSoya allowed...
This section contains 2,285 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)